Chapter 27

Dove's Point of View

It's strange to think about now, the time I spent in the Nerd and Jock universe. I mean, after two years you'd think that time would be distant memories. Instead those memories are prevalent in my dreams. Raven sees them, I know she does, but she doesn't comment. It's an unspoken mutual agreement between us. I leave her to her devices and she leaves me to mine. The only time we break that agreement is when one of us has a nightmare. But, I think I'm getting ahead of myself. 

After Raven and I left Flowerfell, the Star Sanses took up training us again but this time it was different. Instead of keeping us with them all of the time they decided to have us spar with multiple boss monsters across the entire multiverse, which caused us to hop around a lot. With each new universe Raven expanded her knowledge and understanding of magick. Each new world fueled her desire to know and experiment more. She's made great friends with all of the Royal Scientists in each world because of this. I, on the other hand, focused on the sparring aspect of our training. I learn new fighting techniques from the Head of the Royal Guard in each world and further my knowledge about combat. Of course we did have days off. When we weren't spending time together Raven was experimenting with Sci and I was hanging out with Dance. We became best friends shortly after Raven and I got settled into our old place near the Doodle Sphere. Dance gives me advice when I need it and I do the same for him. Heck he even taught me how to dance, but that was a given. 

Error continued to chase us for about a year and a half. Something changed in him when Raven and I stumbled into VampVerse and he witnessed Encre and Fallacy, that world's version of Ink and himself, in a very...interesting situation. They were kinda doing it in the woods. Of course Error glitched majorly and has just left us alone. I don't think that he wants to witness anything like that ever again and he wants to get us back for making him see it or he could be plotting to finish us off once and for all. Either way, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him in the future. As for the original Nightmare, he's still looking for the final apple but thankfully Cross has kept him busy. At least, that's what Killer tells me. We became unlikely friends after he took care of me and we've kept in contact. Sometimes he even visits me for tea and sometimes we visit CORE!Frisk. 

Anyways, back to the memories. Something tells me it's time to go back to NaJ. With Nightmare looking for the apple, Raven and I need to secure it and make sure it's safe. Dream also shared the rest of his memories with Raven and I, why Nightmare became what he did and how he did it. Now I understand why Dream gave Lune those seeds. He still felt the need to protect his brother even though he could do nothing for the original. I probably would've done the same thing. 

"Staring off into space again? I thought that was my job," Outer sat next to me. Yup, I was in Outertale. The scenery helped me think. 

"Something's been on my mind is all." 

"Ah, using the scenery to get lost in your thoughts?" 

"Would it be any other way?" 

"I guess not." Outer ruffled my once platinum blonde hair. It got darker over the years so now I have natural platinum blonde highlights. "Raven was worried about you. She said she had something to talk to you about." 

"Have I been out here long?" I turned to the skeleton beside me. 

"For a few hours actually," Outer smiled at me. "You should really pay more attention to time." 

"Yeah, yeah," I got up and brushed off my jeans. "You tell me every time." Outer got up and walked with me to the clearing. 

"Geno's throwing another Christmas Party. Are you gonna come?"

"Last time Geno threw a Christmas party Blue spiked the punch, Sci got so drunk he nearly kissed Edgy, and Reaper made Geno realize that he was a masochist. Hell yeah I'm going." I grabbed a small paint brush out of my pocket and swiped at the air.

"Awesome." Outer's eyes turned into stars and handed me a piece of paper. "These are the details. See you there." 

"See you there, Star," the skeleton pouted at the nickname, causing me to laugh before hopping into the portal I created. Raven was already outside when I got home. She was worried about me so I guess that was a given. 

"Heya sis. Got something on your mind?" I leaned on the wooden fence of our home and observed my sister. She was carrying herself strangely and her expression displayed confusion. She simply nodded her head and held out a communication device that Dream had given us. It was like a cell phone but we could communicate from any place in the entire multiverse. The screen displayed a video. I pressed play and watched. The video started off with Dream struggling to gain his composure. It was obvious he had been drinking, which was very unlike him.

"I'm probably going to regret making this," the drunk Dream started off, "but I can't keep it to myself anymore. Raven, I have feelings for you. I have since the first time I saw you in your dreamscape. I chose to protect you so many times. I even went against Ink. When you were in a coma and Nightmare offered me a deal, all I could think about was getting you back. I accepted the deal and regret hit me like a truck once I found out what my brother did to Dove. I still regret it because I was selfish. You may not feel the same way but I just had to tell you one time. Raven, I love you." 

I winced and handed her the device back. "That certainly is a problem."