Chapter 33

It was bright but that didn't seem to bother the dark figure standing in the vastness. This figure was unlike any I had ever seen before yet it seemed familiar to me. Against my instincts, I approached the figure and called out to it. Whatever it was turned around quickly, as if it never expected someone to be there. Then again, a blue eyed human girl in the middle of the Anti-Void would be off putting to some entities. This one in particular was peculiar. Tall, dark, and skeleton like. There was no doubt that it was a monster but it wasn't like any of the other monsters I've encountered before. With holes in its hands and cracks in its skull. Well, that's a lie. This monster actually reminded me of G, one of the Sanses I've met over the years. I tried to remember what the G stood for again. As I tried to think a very familiar noise filled my ears. The warbled sound of the WingDings font. 

"WingDings..." I looked up at the figure that towered above me. "You're Gaster, aren't you?" The figure nodded. My hand lifted up to the dragon pendant that rested at the base of my neck. "How did I get here?"

"I summoned you here, though I did not think it would happen so quickly." 

"Summoned me? How?" 

"Through your dreams. I just did not expect you to be sleeping at this time of day." 

"I've been feeling sick lately. My sister told me to rest." 

"Ah yes. You'll need your rest if that soul is to grow."

"What do you mean? Every human has only one soul. Ink taught me that." 

"Think of your logic. Every human has one soul. What does that entail?" I thought back to when Raven and I lived in Dreamtale. Before they left us, our adoptive parents had told us that Susie was pregnant and that she was going to have a baby. 

"I'm pregnant..? But how?" 

"I assume Kris and Susie did not teach you a lot about the reproductive process of humans." I shook my head. 

"They mentioned that they were having a baby before they left but they didn't explain where babies came from." 

"They left when you were 15 years of age and you spent a year on the streets of the city with your sister, correct?" 

"How do you know so much?"

"I have been observing you. After all, you and your sister survived my experiments." 

"Experiments..?"

"Your mind must have repressed the memories but not the use of my font. That is impressive. We have gotten off topic though. I called you here for a reason." 

"Why?" 

"The prophecy that you found. The one of Shining and Stygian." 

"What about it?" 

"The child that is currently resting in your womb will always be in great danger because of it. You will be in greater danger as well." 

"How can you be so sure that I do have a child growing inside of me?"

"I can see its soul growing. It's quite a beautiful soul as well." 

"So you're saying that my son or daughter will always be in danger because of the prophecy I found?" Gaster nodded and I went silent. My thoughts were running wild but they all went back to one monster. My Nightmare, my Moon. I looked up at the former Royal Scientist. "I have to go back. I need to talk to my sister." Gaster nodded once more. 

"I will continue to watch over you and send you my support." My vision faded to black and it felt like my body was falling.

~~~~~~

I woke up with a start and scrambled to get up. I guess Raven heard me because I heard running through the hallway. What threw me off was that I heard two sets of feet. Moments after I recovered from falling out of bed, my sister and Sol burst into my room. I think they could tell something was wrong because they both asked me what was wrong. "I-I need to see Sci. Now." 

"What's going on?" Sol stood at the doorway, looking in worriedly as Raven rushed to support me. I felt incredibly weak and sick again. 

"Don't push yourself, Dove. We'll get you to Sci but you need to be patient, alright? Dream could you help me?" Dream came over to us and helped Raven hold me up. They both took me into the living room and laid me on the couch. My sister opened up a portal, presumably to Sci's lab and left me alone with Sol. 

"Why do you need Science Sans all of a sudden?" Sol ran his phalanges through my hair but I didn't know if it was to calm me down or to calm himself down. 

"In, in my dream I met up with Gaster, the monster who gave me this," I pointed to the pendant. "He told me that I held a child in my womb and that both I and the child would be in great danger because of the prophecy I found so long ago. Then again, you probably wouldn't remember that time." 

"I remember. I remember everything that happened in the other timeline but no one else did so I just played along with them." I felt dumbfounded. "But back to this, Gaster told you that you were pregnant?"

"Basically..?" Dream placed his hand on his skull. 

"Who would be the father? Who did you do that with?" I felt my cheeks warm up as I remembered my time with Nighty. "Oh my god,"

"What?"

"It's my brother, isn't it? Nightmare's going to be a dad!" I placed both of my hands over Sol's mouth. 

"Shh! You have to swear to me that you won't tell anyone. Especially Nightmare. I don't want to ruin his future because of this." 

"Ruin his future? Dove he's always wanted a family with you! This will make him ecstatic." 

"But it will also put him, you and anyone else around me in danger. Please, Dream. He can't know about this." I grabbed a small pocket knife I kept on me, flicked it open and slid the blade across my wrist. Dream sighed but did the same. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I love Nightmare with all of my heart and soul but I can't bear to put him in danger." Dream nodded softly and pressed his wrist against mine. His magic bone marrow mixed with my blood and healed our wounds, simultaneously making a pact between us.