Chapter 13

NaJ Nightmare's Point of View

Today started just like any other. My shit twin woke me up by opening my curtains, made me eat breakfast and started doing chores. Yet, for some reason, today felt different. My feeling was confirmed when Dream started talking. 

"We have a new neighbor. I want to greet them." He paused and looked at me. "With you."

I laughed at the notion. "You really think you're going to get me to go somewhere with you.

"It's just next door. After that, you don't have to be seen with me." Dream's practically permanent smile held sadness in it, but I didn't care. 

"No. I'm not going anywhere with you. You're lucky I even tolerate us going to the same school." I threw on my black and purple hoodie and headed towards the door. Of course, my twin followed me. I pulled the door open with more force than I intended, putting yet another hole in the wall. 

"I still do not understand what I did to you, Nightmare!" Dream yelled out to me as I crossed the lawn. My temper exploded at those words. He still didn't fucking understand. After all these years. 

I pivoted on my heel, turning back towards the house. "You're the reason she's gone, Dream," I heard myself scream. "That's what you fucking did to me! You took away the only person who cared for us!" 

"That wasn't my fault and you know it!" A golden tear slid down his cheekbone. I felt a sickening satisfaction as I watched my twin brother cry. Out of the corner of my eye socket I saw a pair of humans staring at our screaming match. I turned toward the pair.

They were both female but that was pretty much the only thing they had in common. It seemed like they were like Dream and I. One dark, one light. The reason why I say that is because one of them had black hair, green eyes, and was clad in black while the other one was platinum blonde, had light blue eyes, and was dressed in white. The blonde looked like she had just seen a ghost but that was to be expected. We were probably the first monsters that they've encountered. The blonde whispered something to the ravenette, who nodded in response and went up to my sniffling brother. The blonde, though obviously hesitant, walked up to me. 

"What the hell do you want?" I glared at the human girl. She quietly looked between Dream and I before she spoke. Her voice was soft and light, like the feather of a dove. 

"You have family that cares for you. Don't forget that." My glare hardened even though on the inside I was surprised. How the hell did she know that he was my family? "Bone structure. It's kinda obvious that you're twins." I looked into her sky blue eyes, my brow bone furrowing from confusion.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?" The human girl nodded. She was smiling and for some reason my soul started to beat faster at the sight of it. 

"You did, but it was clear that you didn't mean to." Sighing, I held out my hand to her. 

"I'm Nightmare." She took my hand, shook it, and nodded towards my brother. 

"I know and he's called Dream." Once again, I felt my brow bone furrow. "You two called out each other's names. My sister and I walked out of our house a little before you did." 

"Sister?" She nodded her head towards the ravenette. 

"Twins to be exact, just like you. Her name is Raven and mine is Dove." 

"The bird of purity. It suits you," I spoke before I thought. 

"That's sweet of you to say." Dove stared at our interacting siblings. They seemed to be hitting it off. "Well, I better get my sister before we lose the daylight. We wanted to explore a little before getting something to eat." For some reason, I didn't want Dove to leave yet. 

"Maybe I could show you around. I know some great places to grab some grub." 

"That'd be nice but what about your brother?" 

"He can come with us." I grimaced internally as soon as the words left my mouth. Dove looked at me strangely, like she was trying to figure me out. Those bright blue orbs were staring at me with such an intensity, I couldn't help but be drawn in. 

"Hey Raven," Dove turned away from me for a moment. "We have guides around the city." 

"Guides?" The ravenette eyed me like her sister, though her forest green orbs held wariness and distrust.  

"Yes, Nightmare offered to show us around with Dream." I could feel my twin's stare burn into my skull. I could understand why. This was extremely unlike me. 

"Alright," Raven agreed, "but you have to stay close to me." Dove seemed to be relieved at this order. I knew she was tense but I didn't realize how tense until she relaxed at that moment. As Raven and Dream made their way to us, Dove pulled out a handkerchief out of a small clutch bag that I didn't notice before. 

"Here you go." She offered it to Dream, who took it gratefully. 

"Thank you," he tucked the handkerchief into his pocket and smiled at the new pair of twins. "You girls are really nice." 

"I hope we can be good friends." The two said at the same time. It was kinda creepy but amusing at the same time. 

"Did you grab your wallet, Raven?" Dove looked at her sister, who simply stared at her. 

"I thought you had yours." Dove simply laughed at the statement. 

"I thought you had yours but I'll grab it for you. I had to make sure we didn't leave anything behind anyways." The blonde turned on her heel and jogged to the house right next to ours. I felt myself freeze. I don't know why it didn't click before. These were the neighbors that Dream mentioned earlier. I wasn't sure what was worse; that our first encounter was while Dream and I were fighting or that they were both hot and willing to pay attention to a couple of monsters.

I muttered under my breath as the blonde came back with two wallets. "This is going to be eventful."