Epilogue

"Awaken, new mother. It is time to meet your daughter." I sat up in bed and looked around the room. The Goddess of Life, Toriel of Reapertale, was standing next to the bed with a bundle in her arms. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I reached my arms out. I've waited a long time for this moment. You see after Sci confirmed I was pregnant, I gathered up my things and left home. Gaster's warning was correct. As soon as I left, the King of Darkness's crew started hunting me down again. I alternate universe hopped for about three months before deciding Reapertale would be my best place to hide out other than the save screen. When I got here, Reaper Sans showed me to Toriel, who decided to take me in and help me through the rest of my pregnancy. 

I forced myself out of my memories and looked down at the bundle in my arms. To most my baby would be unnatural but to me, she was beautiful. She was half monster with translucent skin and organs, wispy black flame for hair and a light purple crescent moon as a pupil in her right eye. My daughter started grabbing at my hair and necklace. Toriel held her paw out to the baby. "What will you do now?"

"Now I protect her. My little Coraline Ryder." My necklace felt warm against my skin. "But first, I have to record a message." 

"You're going to use DETERMINATION aren't you?" 

"I have to. It's the only way I know he'll get it." Toriel nodded. 

"Then I will contact the Creator. I wish you a long life." With that last farewell she left myself and my baby alone. Using my DETERMINATION, I recorded a message and stored it in the necklace Gaster had given me. Coraline started getting fussy so stroked her head and started to feed her. "We'll be okay. I just know it." 

Soon after I finished burping my baby, Ink came into my room. I smiled at him but I could tell he was in Protector mode. The painter helped me gather my things and opened a portal. 

"You'll need to hide her magickal energy. It's like a locator." 

"How do I hide it? She's half monster."

"Even though you left her, Raven's been working hard to find ways to aid you. I'll take you to her." 

I was surprised when Ink and I stepped into NaJ. Before me stood the old house Raven and I used to live in. Coraline started crying and out of instinct I started bouncing her gently. There was a sound of a door slamming and I looked over to the source. Dream had just sprinted out of the next door house. I guess he and Nightmare still lived there. 

Once the star loving skeleton saw me he nearly tripped over himself trying to run over. "Dove! You're back! You're here," he looked at my arms. "You have a baby!!" 

"Yes, I have a baby, Dream. Do you think you could quiet down? She's really fussy." 

"Oh, alright. My gosh, wait until Raven finds out that you're here. She's going to be so excited." 

"Actually that's why I'm here." I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw Ink was trying to get my attention. 

"I have to go. Error's destroying another universe and I need to get there asap." 

"Okay, Ink. I'm sure NaJ Dream can show me to Raven." Dream smiled brightly, stars in his eyes. Cora giggled at this. 

"I sure can! Leave it to me, Inky." I snorted at the nickname but didn't say anything since Dream started walking into the old house. It hadn't really changed at all. Raven had just darkened everything. "Raven! You have a couple visitors." I heard a clattering and crash. 

"Who in the hell would want to visit me at this time of day? Don't they know who I am?" My twin sister emerged from the basement, covered in glittering dust. She paused as soon as she saw me and I managed to get a good look at her. She was wearing a dark, flowy dress that looked to be from medieval times and she had let her hair grow out again. "Dove..." 

I was half expecting her to be angry at me for leaving but instead my sister ran at me and scooped me up into a hug. We were both crying but we weren't the only ones. Coraline was once again startled by the loud noise and a sudden embrace. Dream immediately started doing his starry eyes but Cora wasn't paying attention and kept on crying. "She's beautiful sister but we must hide that energy of hers. It is a beacon for the NightCrew. I've created a potion for this." 

"NightCrew?"

"It's what we've started calling the other Nightmare's group," Dream explained as we followed Raven down to the basement. "Will you be staying here?" I chewed my lip a bit before I responded. 

"I'll be staying in NaJ," Dream cut me off with a cheer. "But I won't be staying in UnderHigh. It's too dangerous here."

"Oh," Dream looked down at the floor. 

"But I will stay, Dream," Raven said, handing me a small bottle. "Give this to your daughter and she will be protected." 

"You promise it will work?"

"Are you doubting me, sister?" I felt myself smile. It felt good to see my sister again. 

"Not at all." It took a couple tries but I got Cora to drink the potion. Once she did, there was a flash of bright light and all of a sudden she was human. I felt my heart drop to my stomach when I saw this but I knew it was for the best. I took off my necklace and handed it to my sister. I told her if something ever happened to me to give it to Cora. I was going to protect my daughter. Even if it costs me my life.