Chapter 17

Dove's Point of View

It's been a few days since my fight with Raven and we still weren't talking. Ink has stayed in this universe to support us through our tough time. I think that along with that reason, Ink felt lonely. For the sake of not confusing myself, I'm calling this universe's Ink 'Squid' from now on and this universe's Dream 'Sol.' I'll just call the originals by their names. Right now I was in the school library, talking with Sol and Squid about the situation, leaving out the part about Hopping of course. I didn't get far in my story.

"You kissed!?" The skeletons exclamation got them shushed by the librarian so they lowered their voices to a whisper. Squid wanted details like, "What was it like? Was it your first kiss? Did you like it? Was there tongue?" I answered each question without thinking. "It was amazing. Yes, he took my first kiss. I loved it. Um, I'm not sure." Sol was simply awestruck. I mean it was understandable. Kissing me wasn't like any Nightmare I knew. Certainly unlike his brother. 

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait." Sol held up his hands, "Nightmare, my brother, made the first move and kissed you on the roof of your house and spent the night with you in his arms?" I nodded slowly and Squid got even more excited. 

"You two spent the night together!?" He squealed, earning him another shush. "Did anything happen?" I felt my face scrunch up with confusion. Squid's tone was suggesting something that I either didn't know about or didn't understand.  

"Don't ask her that. It's private." Sol slapped his arm gently, chastising him. 

"But we're her best friends. Its okay if she tells us." 

"And if something did happen then Nightmare definitely wouldn't want me knowing about it." Squid placed his thumb and forefinger on his chin and nodded. 

"You have a point. He'd kill you if you knew anything about his sex life." 

"Sex?" I looked between the two skeletons, confusion written all over my features. They looked at each other. 

"Well now we know that nothing happened." 

"Or your bro tricked her and didn't tell her anything." 

"You really think the worst about him don't you?" 

"The dude punched you and constantly abuses you for something you don't even know you did." 

"That doesn't give you the right to do that. He's still my brother." I gently tapped the table in front of us.

"Boys. I think we got a little side tracked here." Each skeleton gave me a sheepish smile.

"Right, so what did you need help with? This was an SOS meeting after all." Squid leaned back on his chair.

"Raven and I are fighting. She thinks I betrayed her because Nightmare and I kissed and I feel like she's betrayed me because she's gone off and done something that we normally do together by herself and cut me out of it." I took a deep breath, having no air in my lungs after that explanation. Sol and Squid looked at each other.

"It sounds to me like you two need to sit down and have a long talk." Squid took my hand, as if to calm me. Sol stayed quiet. He had a far away look in his eye sockets. 

"That's the thing though! Raven doesn't want to talk. She's been avoiding me and I can't exactly force her into doing anything." 

"You're gonna have to." Sol spoke up, the look in his sockets still there. "You don't want to lose your bond over something stupid like this." The dark crevices were turned towards me. It was like he was staring into my soul. "She told us that you were everything to her. That after your parents abandoned you both, that you were all she had left. Raven told us about how much of a wreck she was when you went missing back in your old town. Your twin cares about you because you are her entire world. If you think she doesn't want to talk then make her talk." Sol stood up and grabbed his things. "Both of you need to suck it up and forgive each other. It isn't worth it." With that, he left.  

"He's right you know. It isn't worth fighting like this." Squid called out to him and scrambled to chase after the usually positive skeleton. Sighing, I gathered my things and left the comfort of the library. Lunch was nearly over anyways. My footsteps echoed throughout the dismal corridors of the school. It was quiet and the quiet always made me think. I made a random series of twists and turns until I came to a large, grey door. I'd never seen it before and yet it looked so familiar. The knob was made of metal but warm to the touch. Without thinking, I pushed the door open and stepped into the vast whiteness of the room. 

~~~~~~

Squid's Point of View

I found Dream in the boys bathroom, staring at his reflection. "It's been awhile since I've seen you like that." Dream hummed at me, letting me know he was listening. "Their situation reminds you of what happened back then, huh?" 

"Yeah..." Dream looked at his hands. "It does." 

"You know it wasn't your fault right? No matter how much that bastard pins the blame on you." I placed my hand on his shoulder. "You didn't do anything wrong." 

"Bull shit! I could have helped him! I could have shown him that I appreciated him and loved him and then maybe she wouldn't have left because of the constant fighting." Large tears pooled in Dream's eye sockets and threatened to fall down his cheeks. 

"It's in the past. That's something you can't change. You see how I've tried to change my past with Error. If we could go back in time then I'm sure we'd change how we were in middle school but we're in high school now and we can't change a thing. We just have to deal with the consequences of our actions." I pulled Dream into a hug and let him cry into my shirt. If anyone questioned me about the gold stains I could always say it was paint.