Chapter 22

Dove's Point of View 

It's been a few days since Raven's been injured. At least, that's what Sci and Dream tell me. To me it's only been a few hours. Lune and Sol didn't come back with Ink and that's got me worried but right now I have to focus on my sister. Lune is important to me but Raven is my life. Something tells me that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. Right now, I'm sitting with Raven. Just holding her hand and telling her about the prophecy. 

"I don't understand it. If Nightmare sent Error after us then that means he's found a reason for wanting one of us." Even though she's asleep I can tell she's still listening. "He could be interpreting the prophecy too." Raven started tossing and turning in her sleep. Dream placed his hand on her forehead. Golden magick flowed to his distals and Raven slowly calmed down. 

"I know my brother well. If he is doing the same as you then he has the same reason as you. He's doing it because he believes it will benefit him. Unlike him though, you're doing it because you don't want anyone else hurt." 

"He has to think that one of us is the key to this thing. Right?" Dream sighed softly.

"He does. That's why he is plaguing Raven like this." 

"Is there a way to stop him?" The room was silent, save for Raven's soft breathing. It wasn't until I heard the sound of a portal open that I looked up at looked at my skeletal friend. I couldn't see his expression but something about him seemed off. "What's wrong?" 

"Come with me, okay? I know how to stop the nightmares." I did as I was asked and stepped into the portal. I thought that Dream would follow me but when I looked back the portal was closed and he was nowhere in sight. This place had an eerie air to it and I knew instantly that I was in one of the bad universes. Which one, I wasn't sure. I wouldn't be sure until I explored a bit. I was in the middle of the snowy woods so I started walking in a random direction. Eventually, I'd find the path to Snowdin.  

~~~~~~

A blizzard hit while I was wandering and it hasn't even began to let up. I have no idea if I've found the path or not. I don't even know if I'm going the right way. My mind has stopped trying to figure out why Dream just left me here and started focusing on survival. I was freezing and I wouldn't make it much longer if I didn't find shelter soon. 

No matter where I looked there was only trees. No guard stations, no big door that led to the ruins, and still no path. I'm scared. I haven't run into a single monster yet. It's made me conclude that I was either in a genocide run or a genocide universe. Laughter rang out over the wind. It was terrifying. Even more so since I knew that laughter. It was Dust. I was in Dusttale. 

"Come out, Dove. I'm not gonna hurt you," Dust sang out. His eye was glowing insanely and a knife glinted in the snow. I hid behind a tree and held my breath as he passed but it didn't stop him from noticing me. Dust reached around the tree, grabbed me by my hair and held his knife to my neck. "Let's start the madness." 

~~~~~~

I was forced onto my knees in front of Nightmare. Cross was enjoying twisting my arm around my back. Dust was rewarded for bringing me in, much to Papyrus' dismay. Nightmare caressed my cheek. "I'm glad to see that my brother didn't go back on our deal." Cross tightened his grip, making me grunt. 

"What deal?" 

"A trade of sorts. I get you and your sister's memories stay where she put them." 

"What?" I struggled against Cross. "Why the hell would you even consider making that deal? You hate Dream." 

"I have a proposition for you, Soleil. I hope you'll agree to it."  

"Oh great, another deal. Will this one get me manipulated and hurt too?"

"On the contrary, Soleil, if you agree you'll have everything you've ever wanted." Nightmare's distals traced my cheekbone and lifted my chin. "You'll be a queen." I felt myself get pushed forward. 

"Oops," Cross sneered. "My bad." I rubbed my wrists and stepped out of Nightmare's embrace. 

"I've seen the good in you, Nightmare, and I believe that you can be more than what you are now." Said skeleton smirked as I spoke. "I need you to be honest with me." 

"Anything for you, my queen." 

"You sent Error after us, didn't you?" Nightmare's smirk faltered. 

"I like to think of it as using my resources." 

"That doesn't answer my question." 

"He owed me a favor and I cashed in. Is there something wrong with that?"

"Error injured my sister and you used that to your advantage by manipulating my friend and her dreams." 

"I didn't manipulate her dreams. I just unlocked her repressed memories. Something that I could very easily do with you as well." 

"Your threats don't scare me. You don't scare me. If you're asking me to join you and to be your queen then my answer is no. I have better things to do with my time." I guess Lune was rubbing off on me cause that last comment sounded a lot like something he'd say to Sol.

"That's the Dove I know!" Cross!Chara called out to me. Cross glared at the ghost. Nightmare chuckled, as if he was expecting this. 

"Leave us. Error stay behind. I'll need you." I didn't even notice the glitchy skeleton in the corner until he stepped out of the shadows. The heavy throne room door slammed shut, signaling the departure of all of the other skeletons. "Dove, Dove, Dove. You should know better than to tell me no in front of my team." 

"You should know better than to harm those I love." Nightmare chuckled at something. 

"You've gained quite the mouth, haven't you?"

"Thanks to my boyfriend, yeah, I have." Nightmare glared at me and I knew I hit a nerve. Of course I couldn't actually call his counterpart my boyfriend but what the hell. I should at least have fun while I'm back in this hellhole. Nightmare turned to Error. 

"Tie her up. I guess I have to show her who she belongs to."