Chapter 1 | The Wedding ✅

Word count: 1176

*Song of the day: Boy in Luv...ARMYs where r u?!!!*

《《《《《

Character Introduction; NATHAN WALKER

I have always wanted just one thing in my life, my mother's love, and attention, which always falls upon my twin brother, Ethan Walker

I have always wanted just one thing in my life, my mother's love, and attention, which always falls upon my twin brother, Ethan Walker. To be honest, it's not just my mother. Even in school and work. Not that I have many friends though.

Even the one girl I ever loved. Well, it wasn't like I ever said that. Instead, I was just an asshole to her.

Not that it matters anymore.

I studied hard, topped my schools and university, worked day and night for our company, THE WALKER CORPS, just so I can get whatever's left of my mother's heart.

All this money and title means nothing when my mother won't give a shit about me, right?

I don't give a fuck about attention from others. Let's just conclude that I'm used to all this shit and I passed the stage of hating myself and trying to pretend everything's alright. Trying to be the best in everything.

I grew up this way and now I'm used to being alone. Maybe I just prefer it that way.

But a mother's love is a different thing, right?

I wouldn't say it's her fault either, you know, that Ethan always gains more attention. He's just a good guy. The type who can easily befriend anyone and is fun to be with. Easygoing, cheerful.

Which is the exact opposite of me.

I hate talking to people. Especially the fake ones. Because most of the people I meet and work with are exactly that type.

It just makes me so uncomfortable. I usually keep to myself and just talk to the people I'm used to, which are my family and my one friend.

When dad decided to hand over the company to me, I was so shocked and even mad at him cause mother didn't seem to like it.

I mean I usually come out to be rude and cold, no wonder she wanted him. And I thought maybe someone like him can do a better job.

I chuckle with no humor, who am I kidding? He's a loser. I love my brother but he hates this job and the whole concept of responsibility.

But for the first time, my mother asked me a favor and I just cannot deny it. Maybe this is my last chance. To try and fix my relationship with her.

Then why is there this weird ache in my chest? Why is my heart racing so fast, making my stomach churn? Why am I marrying the woman, my brother was supposed to marry?