Chapter 22 | Surprise visit✅

Word count: 1089

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

They say everything happens for a reason.

And all this kidnap and shit was for a reason too, maybe. To bring Ethan and Venesa back, and to maybe, make me realize that the feelings I thought were gone years ago, never actually left.

The breakfast was so wonderful.

I've never felt so loved.

My parents and my brother did shower me with love. We were a happy family.

But since I was a kid, my parents had their jobs and both were never home other than the holidays and birthdays. My brother as a teenager was out with his friends and as an adult was out traveling. So we never actually had a normal life.

But these little things that Nathan did was...everything. It was everything I dreamt of in a relationship.

Even after I refused, he insisted on feeding me. Even the milk. He was so concerned about my diet and health which was new for me.

And I secretly loved him fussing over me. This man did not realize how deep, the things he did, affected me and I think I love that too.

Because he was just as inexperienced as me even after all the past experiences we had. But I doubted if he had any actual relationship.

And damn, if I didn't love being his first. And fucking last.

A year ago, if anyone told me that I'd be in this situation, I would've laughed and thought that was a dream that would never come true and again, hate on him for that.

But here I am.

When I asked him if he was going to work, he answered me saying that he took a few days off just to take care of me.

Tell me he's kidding. If he won't stop this, very soon I'm gonna rip his clothes apart and push him down this bed and I don't think anyone could stop me.

I was starting to sound and feel like a sex-starved woman.

Before this wedding, I was dreading the sex part and even thought of simply 'getting over with' the virginity bullshit. But getting married to Nate changed the entire spectrum and now I'm not sure if I'm dreading it anymore.

I wasn't someone who thought of sex. But as time passes, my body's starting to react to him so bad that I've been obsessing over it so much these days.

Soon my creepy thoughts were cut off by the noise from downstairs.

Quickly, I got my curious ass down, to see what's going on.

"-doesn't mean you can help that woman!" yelled Ethan at his mother.

I could see Nathan standing beside Ethan, and Venesa was seated on the couch, in the living hall. Nancy stood across Ethan. Her face was dead.

What's going on?

"Ethan, I told you I didn't know about the kidnap! She just told me that Thomas was mentally ill. If I would've known, I would've never helped her." She looked like she was fighting back her tears.

Nathan wasn't doing anything to stop his brother which was surprising because he was the peacemaker. He stood watching and his face was equally angry. Maybe even more.

As I walked into the scene, the argument didn't stop but Nathan's eyes moved to me. I gave him a quizzical look for which he replied with shaking his head.

I huffed and sat down with Venesa, listening in the drama before me.

"Mother. Tessa may have been your friend but what she did was unacceptable. She was just as sick as her son and needs to be locked for her crime, not helped." Nathan finally broke the silence, his voice saying that his decision was final.

So that's what they were talking about.

"But you know she's was abused and traumatized-"

"No, Nancy. Nathan is right." Nathan's dad cut her off. I didn't see him coming.

"If it was me, I would've killed both of them for not only betraying us but also for harming my family." Ethan spat out. "Nathan's doing you a favor by locking them up, mom."

"Yes, dear but-"

"Are we interrupting something?" A voice cut off, making us all look for its owner.

"Mom! Dad!" I quickly jumped from my seat and pounced on them, pulling them into a hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" I beamed at them.

"Aww, we missed you too, baby girl." Said dad, smiling back at me.

"Are you alright, baby? We heard from Nathan and let you rest yesterday. But I couldn't wait anymore. " Mom said, worried.

"Of course, mom. I'm fine now."

"Hey, we're here too, you know."

"Ruther! Clara! Oh my god, they're so cute."

My tiny little nephews.

This is the first time I'm meeting them in person. The two boys looked so cute. One was older than the other. The third was still a baby and he was secured in a black stroller.

"Raymond, my friend. Hello Sarah." Greeted Edward, pulling my dad into a huge hug.

Soon, we gathered in the living hall. The maids brought us some drinks.

It was so good having my family here. It was like a family reunion after so long. They talked to Venesa which I know made her feeling better and made her smile after so long.

Everyone laughed and enjoyed it, it was nice. Beautiful even.

Clara, without hesitation, handed baby Rush over to me and I freaked out. I never held a baby in my entire damn life. I was so scared that I was gonna drop him any moment. But I didn't and thank God for that.

And when I accidentally looked around, I saw Nathan's eyes fixed on me with a strange look in them. That got me so shy, I averted my gaze and never looked back, though I knew his eyes were still trained on me.

"We thought, Samantha and Nathan, should take a break." Mom's voice came from the corner.

Huh.

"Yeah, that's right. It's been months since their wedding and they hadn't got any time for themselves." Edward agreed.

Oh my God. They were talking among themselves without realizing the whole house heard them. Or maybe they do know.

Parents!

I pretended not to hear anything and continued playing with my nephews. I swear to God, these kids never tire.

"Maybe they should go on a honeymoon vacation."

》》》》》

Not a very interesting chapter, but hey, u always have to wait for gud stuff!

Vote, comment, and share guys.

xoxo