Chapter 7 | After Wedding Party✅

Word count: 1701

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

Jasper's sister went missing. Ethan went missing. I got married to the wrong brother!

And we're partying. That's right.

The only good thing happening right now is that my friends are coming over right now. It's been so long since I've met any of them.

I need Katharine in my life right now.

I was so busy with all this wedding and stuff that I didn't spend any actual time to meet her or even talk to her.

So I quickly took a shower, applied some scented lotion, and slipped into my shimmery turquoise dress. I put on some eye-shadow, mascara, and red lipstick. Then, as usual, I blow-dried my hair, curled it up the way I love, and let the loose curls flow down my shoulders. I put on some jewelry.

Finally, I wore my silver strappy heels and made my way down the stairs into the backyard

The party was arranged in the back yard which was almost like a huge playground. There were long tables and a series of small serial lights hung all over the place.

It was very pretty actually.

"Hey, Darling! You look so pretty!" Mom tackles me into a hug as soon as her eyes hit me.

"Mom! I missed you. And you too. How are you? Where's dad?" She wore a plain baby pink knee-length dress. Her short dark hair was curled across her neck.

"We're fine, sweetie. We miss you too. He's somewhere around, talking to those friends of his. You know I can't stand those business talks." I laughed along with her.

"Where's your husband, hmm?"

Oh ya, this was supposed to be our wedding party. Where the hell is he?

Not that I care or something.

But my eyes silently scanned the place for the annoying dark-haired man who called himself my husband.

Then suddenly a strong arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me against his hard chest.

Lord, save me.

"Nathan." My voice was small, I looked up at him.

His eyes washed over me, his gaze intense, I'm surprised I'm not a puddle on the floor by now.

It's them. His eyes. They always make me feel the things he doesn't say. Like a whisper across my skin. I don't like it but I still can't stop wanting it.

My tongue came out wetting my lips involuntarily. And his eyes followed the movement before his eyes snapped to my mom and the connection broke but the heat of his arm right above my ass still reminded me of the tension between us.