Chapter 10 | Arrival✅

Word count: 1166

《《《《《

NATHAN WALKER

"We have arranged private investigators to search for Ms. Black as well as Mr. Ethan, Sir."

"So, did you get any information regarding the both of them?"

"No, not yet, Sir. But we are working on it. We will let you know if we receive any details. Please rest assured, Mr. Black."

A week has passed since both my brother and Jasper's sister went missing.

Jasper's been very restless, so I've given him a break until we find out his sister's whereabouts.

I have given one of my trusted workers, Tessa Maybelline, the responsibility to dig out information about Ethan and Venesa.

She has been working as The Head Secretary of The Walker Corps for almost 10 years now.

She was in her break due to her younger son's sickness, and now that she's back, I've trusted her with Jasper's responsibilities. She was kind enough to understand our situation and accepted the double work, but I still plan on giving her a bonus salary.

She knew all of us since we were kids.

Jasper's been here in my office the whole day.

Though he fights with his sister and complains about her now and then, it's so obvious that he loves and cares about her so much. He tried calling her, texting her, and emailing her, but nothing seems to work. She's not responding, neither was Ethan.

I'm not sure if I should tell him about my suspicions.

"Will they be able to find her, Nathan?"

"Of course, Jasper. This is the tenth time you've asked this today and we still have a long day ahead. Trust me." I held his eyes.

He held mine, then sighed, nodding, and sat quietly on the couch, working on some files even though I gave him a day off.

"Hello, my friends! I'm back! How are you?" A loud cheerful voice broke into my office, making our heads turn to its owner.

"Ruther?" Both I and Jasper gasped.

"Yes, my brothers. You guys still remember me!" How can we forget that beaming face?

We both got up from our seats and hugged our buddy, who was away from us for what? Like 6 years.

Ruther is Ross' elder son. So, he's Samantha's older brother. He's always traveling and rarely stays home in the US.

Though we became distant with the Ross' ever since we moved to New York from Seattle after school, I was always in contact with Ruther through business.

Jasper was 2 years older than me, while Ruther was 2 years older than him. That is, Ruther was 5 years older than Samantha, who was a year younger than me.....Does that make any sense? Well, it should! * ;P*

"So, how come your back home all of a sudden?" Questioned Jasper. At least he's back to his usual self now.

"Hey! I'm always back home after I'm done with my work!"

"Yeah, right. After 6 years." I teased him with a smile.

"Well, my wife just had her delivery and she wanted to come back, so yeah. I'm back for a while now."

"Oh, you had your first kid!" Jasper grinned to which Ruther said laughing,

"Uh-huh, third!"

"What?" He yelled in surprise. I did know he had two more kids, guess Jasper didn't.