Chapter 29 | Confessions✅

*Song of the day: Brand New Love*

Word count: 1455

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

Finally, the boat came to a halt and that's when my breath hitched at my throat and I gasped loudly.

"We're here, ma'am."

It was a beautiful platform raised above the sea. Carefully, he helped me up from the boat to the series of stairs leading to the circular platform.

I walked up the stairs as I noticed candles and lanterns lit up all around, giving the place a romantic aura. There was a single white table with two chairs set up in the middle. I took a moment to turn around and admire the beautifully serene view of the sparkling sea and glorious moon in front of me. Beautiful.

I squealed in surprise when something cold touched my neck.

Then suddenly I was wrapped in the familiar warmth as my hair was moved to one side and soft breath fell on my nape. Oh!

Another rose gold diamond necklace hung around my neck, reaching my cleavage which matched the previous items I received.

"Just as I thought. Very beautiful." He whispered making my heart race.

Without waiting further, I turned around only to completely lose my breath.

Ravishing. That's how he looked in his black suit and black turtle neck full-sleeved shirt. His usually messy dark hair was neatly gelled to the side while some naughty strands fell across his forehead making him look so....matured. His plump pink lips were pulled into a smile, which looked so kissable. And those mesmerizing emerald eyes had a sparkle that made me lose my mind. For a minute, both of us were shamelessly checking out each other.

Then Nathan cleared his throat, breaking the silence.

"Uh...sorry, I made you wait so long" Was he blushing? Awww!

"It's ok. What's the occasion anyway?"

"Well, its the day my wife came into this world, you see-"

"It's my birthday?!"

"There's still two hours left though" He chuckled. How on earth did I forget my birthday? But he still remembered.

"Come on now. Let's eat before the food turns cold."

He gently took my hand and pulled me towards the table. He pulled a chair for me and made me sit and then walked over and sat across me. Even these small gentle gestures made my heart flutter.