Chapter 11 | The Return ✅

Word count: 1519

(Beware cause this chapter is full of cuteness😍)

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

"Can you stop dragging me around? I can walk!" I yelled at Nathan, yanking my wrist away from his strong grip.

He sighed and turned back to look at me.

"Can you just calm down and tell me what happened?"

I crossed my arms across my chest and shook my head as a 'no'.

He stepped closer, toe to toe, right in front of me. He looked into my eyes and stared for a few minutes, then grabbed my hands in his.

"Samantha. You know how much I love and respect mother, don't you? I don't want you to get into any trouble with her. Please." He said softly, rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

"I'm not getting into trouble with her. She's your mom yadayadayada but I didn't do anything wrong."

"But you-" He opened his mouth to say something. But I quickly cut him in saying,

"No! If she's gonna act like that, I will stand up for myself!"

"What happened, baby. What did she do?"

■□■□■□■□■□■

A few hours ago

I'm so happy brother came back. I saw my newborn nephew's photo, he was so cute!

He came back after 6 years! Sometimes I wonder if he even remembers us.

Sigh.

He's too busy with his family and work. Now that he's back I'm not letting him leave for a while!

He came to the company today. He's staying at our mansion with our parents. Maybe I'll visit them tomorrow.

He said he just visited Nathan and Jasper before visiting me.

After a long chat, I dumped all my work on him and ran away! That's his punishment for not visiting us for 6 years! (which I'm very sure he didn't do and asked dad or the manager for help.)

I went back home with a huge smile on my face.

As I walked up to my room, Nathan's mom and aunt asked me to come to join them in the living hall, where they were seated.

We did have a good chat, I guess. We talked about clothes, makeup, business, and some other boring stuff. And somehow, the topic changed to our husbands, and that's when the drama began.

"And I never got a chance to say this, but I'm sorry for what happened to you, Samantha," said Nathan's aunt in an apologetic way.

"It's alright, Gabriela. It doesn't matter anymore." I answered, starting to get annoyed with the same topic all over again.

Why can't people just forget it? It's not like I'm regretting or anything.

I mean besides the fact I want him, he hasn't fucked up anything yet and things are pretty smooth. I'm happy.

And maybe even a little, okay, a lot glad that I didn't marry Ethan.

Ethan and I went out a few times during school, but it was mostly because Nathan would just beat up the other guys and I had to annoy him somehow.

It's pretty embarrassing and immature when I think of shit we did to annoy each other back then.

"Oh no, darling. It's not alright. I know how much happier you would have been if you would have married Ethan." What. The. Fuck.