Chapter 34 | No More✅

Word count: 1113

*Song of the day: On The Wings Of Love (OST Title Track)...suggested by @ruhu3799! Hope u like it!*

《《《《《

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY: THIRD-PERSON POV!

"No, Edward! I can't just sit down helplessly and watch my son stress himself out when he has a family to take care of! If Nathan's going to act like an irresponsible child and let his brother correct his carelessness then why doesn't he just hand over the company to him?!"

.

.

.

.

There was complete silence in the room.

It shocked everyone that Nancy had all these thoughts bottled up within her.

Ethan himself was shaken.

He never wanted to take over the company or never even intended to step inside it. It was not his thing. He was simply helping dad in his brother's absence because he knew if Nathan was there everything would be alright.

Then why was his mother forcing him against his wishes?

Didn't she know he had his work and will? Ah, she doesn't consider modeling or traveling a real job. Considering the fact he never worked at the same place for a long time, his mom thought he was an unemployed idiot who was not capable of taking care of his own family.

Hell, this wasn't even about him. This was different.

Couldn't she see how much all this hurt everyone, especially Nathan? His brother sure did have an unbothered blank face but he of all people knew he was anything but that on the inside.

He worked day and night at the company. He spent his youth doing nothing but studying and working. Everyone knew he was born to rule over the business empire. There were so many men depending on and admiring him.

Not even their dad could bring such prosperity to the company at his time. The once drowning company was brought back into the business world, with billion-dollar contracts hitting them every day, was all his son's hard work. And he was completely proud of it. Never did he once think that his dear wife would think against it.

"What did you just say?"Edward questioned, anger blazing within him at her stupidity.

He loved her truly, no doubt, but this was absolute bullshit and this was the matter that was ruining what was left of their already shattered married life.

Where did all this come from? What does the robbery have anything to do with Nathan giving up his position? He understands Nancy's soft spot for Ethan, but this was something much more than that. It was ugly.

"I just told you what's right. From the beginning, Ethan should've had that position! He deserves-"

That was the boiling point. Ethan couldn't take any more nonsense.

"Mom! Stop! Stop it! What's wrong with you? I...I don't understand. What on earth makes you think I can handle something like that? I don't even know shit about business! That place belongs to Nate, not me! How-"