Chapter 38 | Ice Melts✅

Word count: 1403

*Song of the day: They Don't Know About us...!!

___________________

RECAP

•Nancy had an encounter with Darcy.
Nathan discovered his parent's secrets.
Nathan walked away from the betrayal.

____________________

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

It's weird how life never works as you've planned, doesn't it?

Sigh.

I just returned home from the hospital and the house was still empty.

I knew Nathan's been stressed and upset all day, even if he tried to brush it off. I didn't wanna trouble him anymore by telling him about my sickness.

It's just been a while since that incident.

He did make an indecisive move but I knew that was all he was left with.

She pushed him too far this time and I had no idea what was going on in his head.

What do I do now?

The more time passed, the more I felt anxious.

I needed him.

Everything was hitting me all at once, I had no idea how to take this in or how he would take it.

Just when I was drowned in my thoughts, the slamming and shuffling noises from downstairs, alerted me back to senses.

I quickly walked out of the terrace to our bedroom and saw Nathan yanking his clothes out of the wardrobe and tossing them into a suitcase.

What the hell was he doing?

He looked so mad. His eyes were so cold. He looked so distant. This wasn't how he left home this morning.

What the fuck happened?

"Nathan. Hey. What are you doing?-" I held his arms as he continued pulling my clothes out. "-Wait. Tell me what's going on? What happened?"

"We're leaving." He answered in a hard tone.

"Leaving? Why?"

"We can't stay here anymore, alright? We're leaving."

"Why?-" I pushed.

Why won't he just tell me?! It's killing me to see him like this. Like a madman.

I've never seen him this mad.

"-You can't just leave like that. What about your mom? What about your nephew? You can't just leave-"