Chapter 35 | New lives✅

*Song of the day: Desire!*

Word count: 1624

《《《《《

THIRD-PERSON POV

"It's a boy!"

"He's so cute!"

"You're amazing, babe."

■□■□■□■□■□■

A few hours ago

"Ethaaaann! Ahhhh!" A scream pierced through the walls, instantly freezing everyone.

Ethan immediately dashed up the stairs and kicked the door of his room open only to find his lovely fiancé sprawled on the wet carpet with her small pale hands clutching her large tummy.

She cried as a wave of pain passed through her. That's when she knew her water broke and the time had come.

Ethan rushed to pick her up and immediately ran downstairs, gently holding her writhing body.

He passed through the crowd of his family members and placed her on the backseat of his grey SUV.

"...Ahh Ethan! I-It hurts! I'm gonna...I'm gonna die!"

"No, babe! Stop saying that! Think of our baby."

"No...I-I can't, you asshole! It fucking hurts!"

Ethan continued consoling his snappy fiancé as he drove to the hospital with his family driving behind him.

Finally, he stopped at the clinic entrance and carried a crying Venesa inside.

The rest of the Walkers waited outside, as Ethan and Venesa did their job inside the ward.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Now

The once gloomy atmosphere was replaced with joy and cheerfulness as the family welcomed the new member to their fucked up family.

Samantha was so happy. She was happy that something nice finally interrupted those sorrowful events. She was happy that the entire family was blooming with joy. She was happy that all that danger Venesa had to go through was worth it in the end. And finally, she was happy to see a small smile on Nathan's face that brought some ease to her aching heart.

Maybe she also envied Ethan and Venesa a little, but she was afraid to reach that stage with all the problems ahead of them. What if Nathan wasn't ready for all that yet? He just lost his company. He needs time. They have their entire lifetime, don't they?

She shook off the thoughts and asked,

"So, what do we call him? Did you decide on it yet?"

Venesa simply smiled wide and nodded. She looked at Ethan who gestured telling her to reveal the secret.

"Vinson. Vinson Edwin Walker."

The family smiled and nodded in approval.

Then, Venesa gently passed the delicate newborn to his father, as she was quite exhausted already. She immediately dozed off, letting Ethan handle the rest of the matter. But little did she know that Ethan was terrified.