Chapter 37 | Revelation✅

*Song of the day: 2U (Jungkook cover)...definitely will make u cry...*

Word count: 1308

Took me a very long time to come up with this chapter...

Shits gonna happen...

Be prepared...

There u go...

《《《《《

THIRD-PERSON POV

Even amongst the crowd of workers swarming around busily, the tension surrounding the three people did not go unnoticed.

The two women continued glaring at each other, leaving behind a confused Nathan.

"People don't change, do they? Even after years", Darcy broke the silence.

"And some just can't stay away from my family, can they?" replied, Nancy with her arms folded across her chest.

"Only if you were capable of taking care of your 'family' the way you should have! Only if you were the mother who could take care of her sons and not just be a bitch!" Darcy snapped.

"What did you just call me, you bitch?! You have no idea about how fucked up my family is and how fucked up you are! You have no right to talk to me that way!" Nancy yelled, drawing the attention of the people in the hall.

Nathan was completely confused and staggered by the situation playing in front of him.

The Darcy in front of him seemed so far away from the sweet and polite lady he knew a few minutes ago. And why was she yelling at his mother?

He had no idea.

He stood frozen on the spot, not knowing how to stop the two ladies from further argument.

"Your family is fucked up all because of your mistakes! Everything would've been right if you'd never-"

"What the hell is going on here?! Why are you yelling, Nancy?!" Edward entered the building, yelling.

He just arrived at the building but could notice people crowding in the hallway with someone screaming in there.

Of course, he knew who it was.

His wife.

He was mad at Nancy for creating another scene in front of the workers but was oblivious of Darcy's presence.

"Why do you do this? Whatever the hell it is, can't you just take it home or up in the office? Why-" Only then his eyes fell on a very familiar-looking woman and almost gasped.

"You-what are you doing here?" Edward stammered, reminding himself to breathe.

What the fuck was happening? Why? Why after all these years? Why now? These were the only questions Edward could think of.

His family was already shattering, now Darcy had to show up.

Great.

Why was she here? What was she gonna do? He had no idea but was terrified already.