Chapter 21 | Fresh start✅

Word count: 954

*This song would go pretty well with the feelings faced by our Samathan*

(Who loves cute romance?😊)

《《《《《

NATHAN WALKER

My heart is at ease.

Seeing her sleep peacefully in my arms makes me forget all the bad thoughts.

It took me all my efforts not to scream in agony or simply rip him apart when I saw her crying like that.

She clung onto me the whole time which soothed my torment.

I managed to draw her a bath. Then I washed her, dried her with the towel, blow-dried her hair, then brushed it and helped her slip into her nightgown and finally carried her to the bed and let her sleep after a glass of milk.

Taking care of her gave me the peace I needed.

I hugged her to sleep and finally after I felt her relax and breathe slow, I got out and talked to Jasper. We made sure that, that bastard is thrown behind the bars and rots there to death.

Even if she seemed fine and smiled at me the entire time, I needed assurance. I needed to know that she stays safe cause I don't think I can go through that again.

If I must use all my power and wealth to keep that asshole locked up in the cell for the crime- no, sin that he committed, then I will do just that. And it's not just for my wife, but for Venesa's sake too.

But what Tessa did to us, the amount of betrayal she's shown to the family that gave her a life and supported her at her lowest was the worst and cannot be forgiven. Ever.

If I hadn't seen that fucking locket I wouldn't have known the real reason behind this cheat.

The moment I saw that picture I knew he was her son because it was us who helped her.

Tessa was always great at work but before all that, she had to go to rehab to get better. She was so physically and mentally abused by her ex that we had to send her.

What we didn't know was the fact she had a kid with that freak.

And then it made sense. It was the father-like-son bullshit. I should've known.

Just thinking about the way I found her in that house makes me furious.

We spilled up to search all of the places owned by Tessa and her ex. The moment those bone-chilling screams reached my ears, I went insane.

All I could see was red and if the others hadn't stopped me, I would've gladly ended his pathetic little life.

I walked into the room and switched the lights off before plopping down next to her, calming my nerves down.

I pulled her back to me and relaxed as she nuzzled into me.

Soon, I found myself falling asleep.

■□■□■□■□■□■

I woke up to the sun rays intruding the room.

It was 7. Even without the alarm, my brain was fixed to wake up at this hour.