Chapter 17 | Escape plan✅

Word count: 1177

《《《《《

NATHAN WALKER

"I sent in calls and messages for most of the automobile shops nearby. We're still working on getting that information."

We found out about the car yesterday. So, I've been looking for companies that produce those specific car models or any fuel stations which may have received an old red car, so we would know of any information of the kidnapper around the area.

Since that car was a very old model, not many companies would work on repairing it, so we just need to look for that single person with that exact car model and number plate.

"Okay. Anything more? Anything new?" Ethan asked, jerking his knee repeatedly in impatience.

Of course, he's eager to know more.

"Yes. We did get the full list of people who may be using that similar type of car. Now, we just have to check if-"

"Ethan!" A hoarse voice cried from outside, cutting short our conversation.

Our heads turned in the direction of the voice, coming from our front gates.

I gave Ethan a questioning look while he looked as if he's seen a ghost.

Was he expecting some guest?

Ethan's eyes widened as he jerked up from his seat and rushed out like a madman.

I walked behind him only to see a woman jumping onto him -The fuck? How is this possible?

Venesa?

Both me and Ethan were so shocked and frozen to see the woman we've been searching for, for almost weeks now.

She was pregnant. Her small baby bump was quite visible. But she looked very pale, malnourished...and terrified.

How did she find us?

If she was indeed taken, how did she escape on her own? This seems too easy.

I know I was the third wheel in the middle of an important moment but something was off and my gut tightens at that thought.

Wait. Is that my wife's fucking car?

"Where is Samantha? How did you even find us?" Something is going on and I'm not going to like it.

She was sobbing onto Ethan's chest. Then she turned to me and said,

"Nathan, I'm so sorry!" She cried harder at the obvious shock visible on my face.

Why? Why is she apologizing? What the hell happened?

She was sobbing so hard but managed to choke out her words.

"S-She tried to s-save me but s-she...she-I'm so sorry! Sorry I couldn't help!"

Motherfucking hell.

SAMANTHA WALKER

"Oh, God! It's you, isn't it?"

Her resemblance to Jasper was an obvious factor that she was the girl.

And she was pregnant.

She was tied to the chair, legs roped and her pale hands cuffed together. My heart clenched at the sight of her bruised cheek and busted lips. There were a few other older wounds, hopefully, nothing more.

And there were a few drinks placed in front of her on a small table.

Isn't he a total genius? Of course, she can drink with her hands cuffed.