Chapter 15 | Suspect✅

Word count: 690

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

We were currently in Nathan's office, looking over the footage sent from his investigation team from Tokyo.

Of course, Tessa did not know about this.

Ethan arrived to look over too. He looked like a mess.

I just hope we find Venesa soon. That poor girl was pregnant!

And it's sad to see Ethan this way.

"These are the footages from the roadway adjacent to our villa," said Ethan settling down beside his brother on the couch.

"Ethan, I want you to tell me which time did you exactly leave the villa."

"It was somewhere around two to three." His eyebrows lowering in concentration.

"Ok, we'll check for vehicles that stopped by the villa around that time."

Since their villa was secluded and far from the city there shouldn't be many vehicles to look for by that road.

Nathan played each tape one by one, checking for vehicles that stopped around the villa.

There were recordings of the footage from the nearby streets too.

There weren't many vehicles that passed that road, and even those few which did just passed away.

After looking over passing vehicles for god knows how long, finally something caught my attention.

"Wait, Nathan! Look at that car!" I yelled quickly playing back the tape.

"What is it?"

"Watch carefully! It passed the camera nearby the villa, but it didn't appear on the camera on the next street!" I mumbled in a hurry.

Ethan paused the video only to zoom on that car.

"So, that means-"

"The fucking car stopped somewhere in the fucking middle!" spatted Ethan in anger, finally putting the puzzle in place.

After watching the tape for a few more minutes, we saw that the car rather than taking the road, turned around, passing through the forest.

Was that even possible? How can he drive through the forest?

"I'm gonna kill him!" Ethan growled, furiously.

"Calm down, Ethan. Now that we know the car, we'll get Venesa back," assured Nathan.

Yes, we must.

It was a red old car. And the number plate didn't belong to Japan. It's somewhere in the US.

So, Venesa must be here.

■□■□■□■□■□■

Nathan stayed back at the company while I and Ethan returned home.

I feel sorry for Ethan. I can see how much he loves his girlfriend and every time we get closer, it's not enough for finding her.

"I can't believe, it took this long for these people to find out this footage," grunted Ethan as he drove.

There's nothing wrong with his anger. Understandable.

"Nathan didn't know about the footage until I told him."

He didn't reply. So, I continued,

"But what doesn't sit right with me is the fact that Tessa was handling all this matter but she never told us about the footage. It's like she hid it."

"She did?" Ethan blinked at me.

"Yes!"

"Why would she do that? She's one of our trusted workers, Samantha. We've known her since we were kids."

"That's what I want to know."

I know he didn't know how to answer that. Nathan should question her and possibly throw her lying ass out.

Soon, we passed the mansion gates and Ethan parked the car.

We got out of the car, heading towards the mansion when I saw Nathan's mom leaving the mansion.

She was on her phone. Looks like someone's about to pick her up.

The least of my concern.

Within few minutes I reached our room, kicked off my heels, and opened the balcony door to let some air in.

Today was exhausting.

When are we going to bring that girl back home?

My eyes wandered around and finally settled on Nancy. I could see her from here.

She hopped into a red car and drove away.

Wait.

Red car?

It was a red car.

The same fucking red car!

What the fuck?

》》》》》

Is it just me who goes to bed when the sun comes out?

Anyway, I honestly don't know where I'm going with this story.
So, I came up with this chapter.

Hope you liked it!

Vote, comment, and share guys!!!

See ya soon!!

xoxo