Chapter 16 | Disguised✅

Word count: 1001

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

"Darling, I think you've misunderstood the situation."

Yes, you guessed it.

Right after I found out about Nancy getting into that red old freaky car, I immediately made a phone call to Nathan.

He was very confused by my sudden accusation of his mom. So, he stopped me right there and rushed back home to fully hear me out.

And of course, the asshole wouldn't believe me!

"Nathan. I'm not blind! It was the same fucking car that we saw on the footage." I scoffed at him, trying to make him understand.

"See, darling. I'm not saying that you're completely wrong but there are so many cars on this earth that are red, you know right?" Nathan argued back.

"I know. But that was the same red car."

"Alright, even if it was, why would mother be involved in all this mess? We all know how much she loves Ethan and wishes for Venesa to come back."

That was right. I'm not sure either.

"I know how much you are worried about Venesa and working hard to bring her back, but darling, you don't have to doubt every single person alright? We're here, we'll deal with it, kay?" Nathan convinced me in his soft tone.

He wrapped his strong arms around my petite waist, and turned my back to his front, and pulled me into his warm embrace.

He rested his chin on my shoulder, burying his nose in my hair.

I placed my hands on top of his, slowly leaning back onto him. I can feel myself relaxing under his soothing touch.

"I'll take care of everything. You just relax." He whispered into my ears.

I slowly nodded to him, but I knew I was not going to stop until I found out what was going on with his mom.

■□■□■□■□■□■

The next day I stayed home, playing Sherlock Holmes in my home.
Damn, I'm a rapper!

Anyway, I know I said I would let Nathan handle the matter, but I just couldn't sit simply when I can see the act playing in front of my eyes.

Once again, just like yesterday, I could see Nancy climbing into that same stupid red car with someone and driving away.

And I was sure the driver was a guy.

Where the hell is she going with a guy in that red car? This just sounds so wrong.

So, me being the pure soul who helps everyone, followed that trashy old car.

Genius right? I know.

I had no other way. Nathan wouldn't believe that his wonderful mother was involved in something as serious as kidnapping.

And I also brought a kitchen knife, if that was of any use, and a bottle of pepper, again if it comes in handy.

So, I had to help my friend or family or whatever she was, by myself.

I tailed the car from behind a very long distance so that whoever that guy was, wouldn't notice me.

I've been blindly driving behind them for god knows how long. Then finally, the car came to a stop and Nancy stepped out.