Chapter 4 | Meeting ✅

Word count: 1760

《《《《《

NATHAN WALKER

Few Hours Before The Wedding

Dad urged me to come home immediately. I had to leave the guests in the hands of Jasper. He's that one annoying friend that just won't leave you alone.

But I'm glad he's here.

He comes from a middle-class family. But I've never really cared about it. He's been a constant for almost all my life that it'd be weird without his constant bickering.

Not that he'll ever know about that though.

He works as my manager as well, so he's just there everywhere and I can count on him.

■□■□■□■□■□■

"Dad?" I called out as I entered our mansion.

Mr. and Mrs. Ross were there too.

When I looked closely, I noticed her face red and swollen while Mr. Ross seemed mad.

What's going on?

"Nathan, thank God you're here. Things are not fine, son. Never did I imagine things turning out like this." Dad sounded angry and disappointed as well.

"What happened, dad? Where's-" I was shortly interrupted by mother.

The serious look on her face made me anxious.

"Nathan, I'm going to ask you a favor and you, as my son, must not deny it", Mother said, sternly. That's the tone she ever used on me.

Great.

Every instinct in me oppose her disrespectful tone, but I masked my emotions.

I sighed at her unwavering glare and slowly nodded at her.

"Of course, mother. I'd do anything you ask."

"I want you to marry Samantha."

■□■□■□■□■□■

And that's how I ended up standing here, on this altar, in front of all these people and media.

Soon my clothes were replaced with a white ones.

Whispers and mumbles echoed the hall but none dared to question me.

I mean who on earth replaces grooms in the 21st century?

And this will spread like fire across the country with the media adding its fuel as usual.

Though we are identical twins, some of our features differ. Like his blue eyes while mine is green.

My inner OCD started peeking out as minutes passed. I hated the attention and spotlight. I could just never get used to it.

I clenched my fists and stood before the priest who was paling by the minute at my death glare.

And all of this pisses me off.

Just a few minutes ago I was dreading over all this bullshit. And now I'm here in this fucked up situation.

She would arrive any moment now and as the minute's pass, I think of dashing out of this hell.

See? Pussy.

That's what she made me.

I would forever be committed to this relationship with her.

Her parents did not want to tell her about this whole changing-the-groom thing. Somehow, I also felt bad for her, cause I'm sure she would marry anybody but me.