17.25

•••

"Are you ready?" you looked at yourself on the mirror one last time then looked at her, nodding.

You walked to the rooftop with her beside you, all-dressed with the white floral blouse and skirt your mom managed to bring for you. She also tied your hair in a loose braid, then put a light make up on you. You look really healthy right now that anyone wouldn't suspect that you're barely that way.

"I'm just behind the door if you need me, okay?" you hugged her "Thanks, mom." then opened the door to the rooftop where Jungkook is already waiting. The air was not too cold  and the sky is still bright even though it's already evening. You're nervous, maybe more than nervous, but you felt at peace when you saw the clear sky and felt the soft breeze as you walk close to him. 

"H-hi, bunny?" He didn't reply, you sighed. "I'm sorry..."

"Why?" he finally asked but still didn't turn to look at you. You stopped walking when you reach a foot away from him, then took a deep breath.

"I didn't reply to your texts, you must've been too worried and thought that I had an accident or got kidnapped or—"

"You're surely not abducted by aliens." he cut your words before turning around. His eyes filled with concern and longing, but his face straight. You know that he's just being his stubborn self again, but you just let him be, since he has the right to.

"Yes," you chuckled softly but there's no humor in it. You decided to start direct to the point, to not prolong the agony between you two. "A year ago, I was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis..." his face softened with shock, you continued "You remember when I promised I would go to your concert last year, but wasn't able to?" he nodded, "I said I had an asthma attack and mom didn't let me go anywhere, that was true. Because it's like an asthma attack, but more."

You walked closer to him then wiped the tears that had fallen from his left cheek. Cry baby "I'm sorry I was always absent on your concerts, and the only time I was able to, I didn't come because of this illness. I don't like it, Kook. Really." your tears started falling, too, but instead of wiping it you continued on wiping the tears which never stopped falling on his cheeks.

"W-why..." he was sobbing and it was heartbreaking, but you let him ask whatever he wanted to ask. "Why didn't you t-tell me about it sooner?"

"I'm so sorry, noona was a coward." you cupped his face, then tiptoed to touch your forehead with his. You closed your eyes as more tears flow from them. "M-mom kept on telling me that I should tell you, but I told her that I-I don't want you to know it yet because you'll be worried, and I don't want you to worry. I don't want my second bias to be sad and fail a performance." you chuckled softly, but his sobs became louder.

"That was an excuse," you took a deep breath, feeling your lungs, "in reality, I was afraid. I don't know how I would tell you a thing that I haven't accepted myself. I don't like this, Kook. I don't want this illness. I don't want to be unhealthy. I want to live!" you started crying hard, almost shouting as you finally let what your heart really wanted to say.

He hugged you tight, so tight that you melt on his arms right away. "It's okay to be weak, noona. Just let it all out, I'm here." he said as you cry your heart out. Thank you, Bunny

•••