17.50

•••

You calmed down after a minute.

You two were already sitting on the floor; his back on the wall, and yours on his chest as he is hugging you from behind.

"At first I was actually just going to Seoul for a check up. But Jane unnie, who became my senior in photography club last year, told me that she needed help. And that's when it's decided." you smiled at the memory of your friends, and wondered
where are they now?

"I run to Jane noona yesterday when I visited your hotel to check if you're already back," he whispered, hugging you tighter. You pat his arm to comfort him. "She told me that they already have to go back to Busan because of some work stuffs. She's the one who told me that you're hospitalized. She was worried and told me how much she wanted to stay and wait for you to wake up, but they really needed to go." you smiled at the thought of your unnies, you're lucky to have known them. I wish I could say goodbye, too.

"I begged Sejin hyung to let me go to you immediately, but we still had something scheduled."

"And mom told me that you went with the members yesterday after that schedule?" you asked, and he nodded as an answer. "I want to say sorry to them as well, I can't imagine how worried they would've been." you remembered Yoongi's texts and felt your heart sting a bit.

"Yoongi texted me a lot, too, and he said that you couldn't focus? I'm so sorry, bunny." you apologized once again.

"No, noona. It's not your fault." he pulled away and moved in front of you. You felt a bit cold with the lost of warmth behind you. "But noona, if I may ask, is that the reason why you left early on the second day of the photoshoot? When you suddenly feel dizzy during our date?"

You smiled and patted his head. "You've guessed that right? Oh, what a smart boy." you said in a way a teacher would praise their pupil, and he blushed, but didn't comment back. "My doctor said I need to undergo treatment."

He frowned. "Where? How long?"

You closed your eyes, this is one of the hardest part. "U.S. as there are more advanced medical technologies and resources that would help me recover. Mom said we would go there and try."

He gulped, sensing that what you're saying next is not going to be good. "F-for how long?"

You swallowed the lump from your throat before answering him. "A-a year or more?"

He got frozen trying to process what he just heard. You just let him think as you tried to focus on controlling your tears, because the next words would be more painful. But you've already decided, so be strong. Be strong. Be. Strong.

"B-but it's okay. W-we can still text each other like before, right? Y-you'll let me visit you when I could, right? I-it's not a problem." he's stammering, shaking as he tried to unconsciously oppose whatever you've decided already. Be strong.

You shook your head. "Huh?"

"Jungkook, the day after tomorrow we will fly to U.S. and that will be the last day that you'll hear from me." you said, voice so low that you doubted he heard you, but you just can't say it aloud. You have no strength to break his already broken heart.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused with whatever you're saying.

"If ever you are feeling weak and looking horrible and hopeless, are you going to allow me to see you?" you asked out of the blue. His frown deepened as silent tears started to flow on his already wet cheeks, but you didn't wipe them, because you know how much he needed their comfort as you needed it.

"Why are you—" he refused to answer your question by asking another question.

"Just answer it, please?" you closed your eyes tight; wishing for the time to stop so what you're about to say wouldn't have to come to life for you know it will break you two.

"O-of course not, I-I don't want you to see me in my weak state and..." he stopped, realizing what you were talking about.

You smiled to him, but he remained frozen.

"Do I look pretty today?" you asked then twirl around to show him yourself. He smiled, "You're always pretty, noona."

"I asked my mom for this." you stepped closer to him then held his hands, he looked at you, eyes still teary. "Because I don't want you to remember what I looked like yesterday. I don't want that to be the memory that you will remember when you reminisce about our last meeting."

•••