17.75

•••

"Y-you..." he sobbed once again then pulled you into a hug "Why do you sound like you're going to die there?"

You can't help but cry as you hugged him back, clinging to him for support as you're already starting to get weak. "W-we don't know w-what's gonna happen there, Jungkook."

"No!" he cried and you broke down. "You're going to live!" he pulled away then cupped your face "You don't want me to talk to you during your medication? Fine! You don't want me to see you looking so weak and lifeless? Fine! You want me to wait for a year or more? Fine! But promise me that you'll be back more alive than you were."

He closed his eyes then touched your foreheads once again, you closed your eyes as well as you nodded in response. "Say it."

"I..." you swallowed the lump that's blocking your voice from coming out, "I promise I'll be back more alive than I was."

What happened next is not something you expected but not something that you regret.

He kissed you. A sweet one that lasted for only ten seconds but is enough to be a remembrance when you too became apart.

"I will miss you. I'll wait till you come back before I ask you to be my girlfriend." he chuckled, and you did too.

"I'll come back to say yes on being your girlfriend. Please be patient." you both laughed, but it's full of sorrow that made you cry more.

"I love you, Jungkook. I will live for you."

•••