Numb

Taking a razor, I draw a line on my skin.

A beautiful deep line.

I watch blankly as crimson blood flows out and slowly drip on the floor.

Drop.

By drop.

By drop.

I feel a mild stinging sensation on the art on my arm.

It made me feel.

It helped me get rid of the numbness I felt every single day.

The scar would stay etched on my skin forever. It wouldn't disappear, not like the many humans who left.

It was my companion.

I watch the blood drips slowly draw to a stop.

"Alistar!" My door bursts open as he bounces in, full of energy as always.

But soon, the smile present on his face is replaced with furrowed brows.

He rushes over. "A-Alistar! What are you doing again! I thought we agreed on this..."

Picking up my hand, he gently blows on the wound. "Does it hurt?" Then, he runs out of the room.

I hear some clattering frim the kitchen and soon, he reappears with the first aid kit.

As the medicine drops hit my cut, I hiss. "Omg. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It must hurt really bad... I'll be more careful." Saying that, he blows yet again on my wound. The sting is replaced with a minty after effect.

Afterwards, he gingerly wraps bandages around my wound.

"Thank you..." I softly mutter.

"Ok now that we are done. Alistar Jackson, tell me. Why are you doing this to yourself?!" He turns to look at me, frowning, after placing away the medicinal supplies. "I thought we agreed that you wouldn't do it anymore!" I can feel how hard he is trying to supress his fury.

"I...I wanted to feel something..."
I pause, briefly glancing him in the eye. "I was sick and tired of feeling empty and numb."

"There's a reason why I'm here. We are friends aren't we?" He grabs my face with both his hands. "When you feel lonely or numb, call me! I live nearby, I can easily come over and do things with you!"

His tone softens and he stares at me with a soft touch of melancholy dancing in his eyes, "I'm your best friend. I won't ever leave you..."

In that moment, I just fell apart. All I wanted was to hear that sentence from someone, anyone.

I wanted someone to tell me how much I meant to them. How I still had a place in this seemingly heartless world.

A tear rolled down my cheek. Followed by another and another.

Soon, I become a huge mess as I burst out into tears in front of him.

"Finally. Don't keep everything bottled up inside you ok?" He pulls me into a tight embrace.

Feeling the slight warmth radiating from his body, I relax a little, letting the tears and emotions I had kept inside for so long flow out.

After a very long time, I pull away. He gives me a small smile. "Do you feel better now?"

I nod slightly.

"Remember, I'll always be here for you."

For the first time in a long while, I smile.