Adrien and Maria

This is the love story of a town boy and a town girl. Now these two people are much like the normal couples you see as you step out into the streets. Yes, this is an ordinary story of how two commoners came together and fell in love.

The girl, Maria, and the boy, Adrien, were childhood friends. Their mothers had met each other in college and slowly but surely became the bestest of friends. So when Adrien and Maria were children, they were often brought to play at each other's houses. Maria used to think that she thought of Adrien as just a best friend, just like their mothers. However, that fateful day changed everything.

On that fateful day, the 8 year old Maria felt her heart skip a beat as she stared at the boy in front of her - standing tall and shielding her from wild dogs. The boy was afraid, obvious from his trembling, yet he risked it all to protect her. From then on, her love for him just grew and grew. She noticed every little habit he had - from how he liked to rub his hands together whenever he was stressed to how he walked so very straight like a soldier would.

One day, Maria couldn't take it anymore. Her feelings were overflowing. It felt as if her heart was going to burst soon. So in that vast field where she fell in love all those years ago, she confessed.

Adrien was a cheerful boy, brave and strong, the friend of many. But he always enjoyed Maria's company the most. He liked when they sat together under trees and did their own things or when they ran in the fields together. Maria would call his name in her sweet voice which tinkled in the breeze. Adrien remembers standing in the field of flowers placing a crown of flowers atop her head. She broke out into a beautiful smile. In that moment, even admist the field of pretty blooming spring flowers, she was the only thing he could see. In the same field, he heard her confession to him.

"I like you!" She shouted, ears red and eyes squeezed shut. Cute. Adrien noted. And he just continued staring at Maria very absorbed in her adorable reactions.

"I... I have to go..." He watches as Maria gears up to leave. "W-wait!" Adrien grabs her arm, finally remembering that he had forgotten to reply. "Don't leave. D-don't you want to hear my reply?" In Maria's teary eyes shone hope.

Ruffling her hair, he told her, "I like you too."