Us against the world pt.2

On the second year of us being friends, you suddenly confessed. It was out of the blue. We were walking to my house when you suddenly said "I have something important to tell you." You looked tense, so I stopped to listen. "I...", you started. "I like you."

My brain momentarily exploded with bliss. However, this caught me off guard, so much that I could only stare at you and ask, "What?" You immediately looked down and muttered, "Nothing."

I remembered asking you to wait, before carefully saying that I had heard what you'd say. "So what happens now?" I asked. You looked bewildred and confused as well, "Do you accept my confession?" "Yes..." I replied as my cheeks heated up, "So are we dating now?" I'll never forget the look on your face as you nodded - a look of untainted happiness and embarrassment.

Although from then on, nothing much changed. We still went on with our daily lives and routines. Somedays I found myself questioning if the confession even happened.

We both agreed to keep this relationship a secret from everyone, especially our families. It was a new relationship and our families were the conservative asian ones, what even were the chances of them accepting us?

On a bright sunny day in July, you held my hand for the first time. It was a short ten seconds full of awkward blushing, but it got itself a sparkling throne in my memory palace. That was the turning point of our relationship.

From then, we started to act more couple-like. I would start playing with your hands or your hair as you lay on my lap. There were times where we would stare into each other's eyes and just get lost there for a while. It was a beautiful honeymoon period we both found hard to keep under wraps. Honestly, I just wanted to share with the whole world how much I liked you.

Ever since we started dating, you became more considerate of my feelings. You talked to that girl, your close friend, less and you let me scroll through your messages. It turned out that she was just helping you to come up with a confession idea. Although, frankly, her ideas were a little too cheesy.

I think we both tried our best not the make this relationship even more exclusive. However, we apparently failed. "Now I'm even more convinced that you guys are dating," my table partner had told me. The guys also came up and expressed how they felt about our friendship - weirdly close and "kinda gross". I just laughed both off and said we clicked very well as friends.

I guess our relationship was kind of getting out of hand. We spent almost every time we could together. When we weren't meeting, we were texting. You, who always slept early, would now text me later and later into the night. I secretly liked your dedication.