Baking

I was having a hard time choosing between a chocolate tart and a blueberry pie.

I had asked everyone about what they liked better but no one gave me a conclusive answer. I was in a huge dilemma.

My mum, being the angel she was, suggested, "Why not just make both?"

So I set off on a mission to make the best blueberry pie and chocolate tart. With my mum's funding of $50, I was even more determined to create the best pastries.

I rolled up my sleeves and started following the recipe word for word.

The batter for the chocolate crust was amazing. It was rich and the flavour so addicting I couldn't resist but to scoop a few more spoons for my taste test.

The pie crust however was a disaster. I slowly dropped the butter into the bowl, whisking it with my mixer. The flour spilt everywhere. Every few seconds, a lively clump of butter would jump out of the bowl and onto the floor. The batter looked similar to what I saw on youtube though. But it was too messy.

I decided to give it a try with the manual "rubbing in" method. And that was my downfall.

Instead of the crumb look I intended, the dough was a lump. Normal people would definitely say that's how a dough should look like. Yes it is, but not for a pie.

My pie could no longer be salvaged.

And I'm so angry.