1 - Player select

Taehyung's loud snoring causes his class neighbor to sigh. As Jimin glances at his sleeping best friend, he wonders if the boy will ever learn that beds are more comfortable than tables for such activity. But he does not venture to wake him up – God knows Taehyung would kill him for doing so.

When the bell rings and their teacher – who never seems to notice one of her students is sleeping in class – lets them go for recess, Jimin hurries his awakening classmate to the courtyard, where their group of friends must be waiting for them. Taehyung groans and follows him dully.

"Wow, did someone play video games all night long once again?" Hoseok playfully asks as he sees the dark rings under Taehyung's eyes.

But the younger student does not answer, only shrugging and letting himself fall on a bench next to their other friend Yoongi, who keeps quiet. Jimin worriedly gazes at his best friend, shyly adding up, "Yeah, maybe you should get more sleep, Tae..."

Taehyung glares at him and mumbles, "Mind your own business, will you? And what do you even understand to video games?"

"Hey, don't talk to Jimin-ah this way, he's only showing concern," Hoseok tries to plead.

For the first time, Yoongi opens his mouth. "Come on, man, you know he didn't mean it. In an hour or two, old Taehyung will be back. Just give the kid a moment to wake up."

"Why is it you're always defending him?" Jimin mutters, looking down.

Yoongi chuckles and turns towards Taehyung. "Because I'm nearly living at his place, at this stage." He smiles. "By the way, can I come over tonight?"

Taehyung yawns while nodding carelessly. As Yoongi said, he is used to his friend squatting in often. But he does not mind – Yoongi is a great player and they have fun together.

Jimin rolls his eyes at this. Yes, he understood that Taehyung spent more time with Yoongi because they had a common hobby. But it was not like Jimin had not tried, he really had – he just could not help sucking at video games.

At the end of the day, though, Jimin is forced to let his best friend go back home, accompanied by the eldest of them all. He wishes Taehyung could stay with him, now that his mood is much better than this morning, but he lets him go anyway.

After pushing the door of his luxurious appartment, Taehyung lets Yoongi in. His friend has been so many times to the other teenager's place that he long stopped gaping at its architecture and furniture. He has long stopped feeling envious of Taehyung's apartment and lifestyle too.

As they walk towards Taehyung's room to settle down and start playing, they make a quick stop at the kitchen to steal victuals, but a light and enthusiastic voice interrupts them, "Oh, hi, guys! How was your day?"

Taehyung vaguely mumbles something back to his mother, already leaving the room, but Yoongi lingers. He glances at his friend's mother, who is wearing an apron above her pink top and is broadly smiling to him. Yoongi has always thought her warm smile could cure any heartache, it is almost like magic to him.

As Taehyung calls him from the corridor, Yoongi politely says to her, "Hello, Mrs Kim. Thanks for having me again."

She chuckles and crosses her arms on her chest, pretending to be vexed. "Come on, Yoongi," she replies with a wink, "you know you can call me Seokjin."