36 - Twinking

Hoseok gets down and helps Yoongi rise on his feet. "Are you okay, man?"

As for Jimin, he is trying to send the crowd of students off, and they indeed end up leaving the hallway. "What the fuck was that?" Jimin asks bluntly. "Why did Tae suddenly attack you?"

Yoongi brushes some dust off his jacket, and picks his backpack up. He does not seem to want to talk about it. "Let's just say he had all the rights to beat me up. And I let him."

"Yeah, we noticed," Jimin replies bitterly. "But why would he hate you all of a sudden? You spend your life at their place, you're like family."

Yoongi has a sour laugh. Hoseok, who has remained silent, finally points out, "There was something about his mother. Why should you stay away from his mother?"

Yoongi swears, and scratches the back of his head. "Guys, let's just forget it, okay?" He relaxes as the bell rings, and indicates, "I need to go to class, so..."

"You need to go to the nursery. We'll bring you there. Right, Hoseok?"

They escort him, but Yoongi gets sulky. Jimin keeps interrogating him, trying to be as smooth as possible, "What happened with his mother?"

Yoongi narrows his eyes, looking down, and only shakes his head. He finally mutters, "I just did things I shouldn't have done. I've been selfish."

Hoseok invites Yoongi to sit on the chair in front of the nursery room, and lets him resume. "I just wanted to be happy, for once in my life." Jimin frowns, ready to ask him in what way that was related to Taehyung's family, but Yoongi finally blurts out, "I only wanted to make her happy."

"What did you do with her?" Jimin whispers, suddenly frightened.

Yoongi looks up. He has a sad smile when he says, "Everything. We did everything. And it was great."

Hoseok opens wide his eyes, and Jimin is already swearing, taking his head between his hands. "Are you crazy?" the youngest hisses. "What were you thinking?"

"I like her, okay?" Yoongi defends himself pathetically. "She deserves the world, but Mr Kim cannot give her this. She felt lonely, and I was the only one being there for her."

"For God's sake, hyung, she is married!" Jimin scolds him.

"It was almost as if she weren't. He was never there anyways. She needed me, can't you understand that?"

Hoseok tried to intervene, still confused, "Wait a minute. So you were... having an affair with Taehyung's mom?"

"Yes."

"This is disgusting," Jimin comments. "She could be your mom."

Yoongi clenches his fists. "If I'd had a real mom, none of this would've happened! Don't try to put the blame on me!"

Jimin speaks up too and leans towards his sitting friend, "Then don't try to escape the blame! You're not all innocent, Yoongi. You should've known better, you should've known you'd hurt Taehyung, and his entire family."

Yoongi gets up and confronts the other boy, chest against chest, "So is that it? Is this only about Taehyung? Is he really all you care about, Jimin? When will you ever see things from another point of view than his or yours? Can't you see with Jin's eyes? With mine?"

Hoseok gets between them, and pushes them away from each other, trying to calm things down. "Guys, guys, let it go!"

He makes Yoongi sit down again. "I get it that you're angry, Jimin," his older friend states, "but yelling at him won't help. You have to go to Taehyung. He needs you."

Jimin, who was staring at Yoongi, rolls his eyes and obeys, leaving the nursery hallway. When he is out of sight, Hoseok looks back at his bleeding friend. "Why did you have to choose her?" he sighs. "I thought you didn't do relationships, anyways."

"I didn't. Until her." He smiles a little. "She made me forget everything — my family, my values, my age. I don't care if it's illegal, I don't care if I get beaten up for being with her."

"This really is serious."

"I didn't think I'd be ever saying this in my life but... I'm in love with her."