28 - Clue

It is not even midnight, but Taehyung and Yoongi are not playing video games. The younger student does not feel comfortable anymore playing with Jungkook while Yoongi is there. It feels to him as if Yoongi were invading their privacy.

The two friends are thus lying on Taehyung's bed, casually chitchatting, as the tallest boy types on his phone from time to time. "And, I don't know," Yoongi is rambling, "I feel like you can uncover sides of yourself you never even knew you possessed. Just by letting your walls fall down for someone."

Taehyung takes time to answer. He drops his phone, and replies, "Yeah, but that's kinda scary. I don't know if I like what's behind those walls of mine."

Yoongi smiles softly. "I think I like what's behind mine. What's behind yours?"

Taehyung takes back his phone, and says, "A dumb geek who is too easily won over." Yoongi just frowns. "Do you think I care too much?" Taehyung asks.

His older friend prevents himself from laughing sourly. Taehyung is definitely not the type of person who cares about people – he only cares about himself. But Yoongi does not tell him this. "And why would that be an issue?"

"Because it's a dead-end. He'll never like me like that."

"Oh, so we're talking about boys. Okay." Yoongi sits up a little and tries to focus. "So, hum, which boy are we talking about exactly?"

"You don't have to do this, hyung. I know you don't like dicks."

"I don't like boys," Yoongi delicately corrects, "but there's no reason I can't talk about them."

Taehyung sighs and sprawls on his bed. "I just can't get him out of my head. He feels like a best friend, but he's not. Because he's more. And it hurts so much to know he only thinks of me as a friend. Does he even consider me as a friend?"

"Of course. I mean, isn't Jimin your best friend since kindergarten?" Yoongi points out, confused.

Taehyung cringes. "Jimin? Wh– No, I'm not talking about Jimin. It's about Jungkook. It's always about Jungkook."

Yoongi raises an eyebrow. "Oh." He continues embarrassedly, "What about him? You like him?"

"I don't know, hyung. I like playing with him, talking to him. But I just don't know if he does."

The smaller teenager takes a peek at Taehyung's phone screen, but his friend locks it immediately. "Give me this," Yoongi commands.

"No! It's private!"

"Do you want to know if he likes you?" Taehyung sighs and unlocks his phone to give it to Yoongi, who quickly scrolls through his Instagram messages with Jungkook. "Man," Yoongi finally says, "he's literally flirting with you."

"Is he?"

"Look at this. Yesterday, he said he'd let your avatar fuck his just to raise awareness about gay rights in the video game world. And I quote, 'Which flavor is your favourite for the condoms?' My eyes are burning because this is disgusting and embarrassing, but the thing is, this is outright flirting."

"So you think he wants me to fuck him using flavoured condoms?"

"You're so clueless. God, he just wants to make you realise he's into you. No wonder how harsh he gets, given how impervious to his flirting you are."

"So that was flirt," Taehyung wonders eerily. He finally stares back at Yoongi and smiles, "I think I... like it?"

"Good. Now go get him and let's never talk about boys again."

They turn the lights off, and Yoongi gets to his mattress on the floor – but not for long. Once he is certain Taehyung has said goodbye to Jungkook and has fallen asleep, he gets up and sneaks out of the room to spend the rest of the night in another bed.