17 - Nerf

Jimin sighs as Taehyung is leaving their bench, and Yoongi turns towards him. "Wow, you actually managed to control yourself."

"Shut up," Jimin mumbles. "I was this close to tear him apart. Did he think it would be that easy to win me back? Seriously, this kid takes everyone for granted."

"Hey, it's not his fault. And you keep on making things even more complicated than they are. Couldn't you just go to his place without telling your parents? We both know you're not the good boy you pretend to be."

The younger student frowns, offended, and replies sharply, "It's easy for you to say this, you don't even have to tell your parents when you go to Tae's."

Yoongi sits up in a jerk, his gaze almost ignited with anger. "Don't start, Park Jimin."

"Why? Ain't you happy to be there? Ain't you happy you spend your life at his place? Ain't you happy to invade and appropriate his family?"

"What is this even about?" Yoongi shouts back, clenching his fists.

"I know what you're doing there. I'm not stupid, Yoongi. And it's disgusting." Yoongi cringes, unsure about what he means by this. He is unable to produce an answer, and Jimin seems to explode, "You're trying to steal him from me, you're his new best friend now, ain't you?"

"Why would I even do that?"

"Because you've got no one, because you're just jealous that I have him and you don't. And all this for what? For a silly, selfish son of a bitch!"

Yoongi cannot help it. His hand jerks up and he slaps Jimin. "Watch your fucking mouth!" he yells without controlling himself.

Jimin's cheek reddens, and the younger boy does not dare breathe. He stares blankly at Yoongi, who shakes in anger. He does not apologise. He cannot, the words will not come out. Why did he slap his friend?

"Wow," Jimin simply comments, emotionless. "So you're really defending him. I see." He just gets up and leaves with a revolted grimace on his lips.

Deep down, Yoongi knows why. But he does not want to acknowledge it. No, this has nothing to do with Taehyung – he does not give a damn about Taehyung and Jimin's meaningless squabbles. Yoongi had just unconsciously defended Taehyung's mother. It had been instictive. He had not hit Jimin because he had insulted his family, but because he had insulted Mrs Kim.

He had always sworn not to fall for anyone. He had made the promise not to get close to anyone in order not to hurt them and drag them down with him in the hell of his life. He had refused every kind of feeling, every type of relationship, in order to avoid this. Could he really escape Mrs Kim? Could he escape himself, and his feelings?

At any rate, he needs to.