23 - Call of duty

Yoongi feels hot. No. Not hot, more like warm. He opens his sleepy eyes and realises that someone's head is resting on his chest, and that their hand is holding his. He notices a pink gown, and smiles.

Mrs Kim is sound asleep, and she looks fragile, almost childlike. Yoongi pets her dark hair, and she moans, annoyed. "Not yet," Seokjin mumbles. "I feel good here."

"The sun's shining, and so must you." The woman next to him jerks up, now completely awake, and apparently appalled. "What is it, Jin?"

"The sun is what?" She turns towards the window, which is indeed lit by the morning rays of sun, and she swears. "You didn't wake up!" Seokjin hisses.

Yoongi gulps. "I'm sorry, I felt really good too."

"You have to go, now!" she orders. "Get your shirt on and go back to–"

"Mooom?"

Mrs Kim and Yoongi freeze when they hear Taehyung calling from the kitchen. Seokjin desperately looks at the boy in her bed, and motions him to get in the closet, as she grabs a shawl and gets to the door.

"Yes, baby?" she asks, half-opening the door.

"Have you seen Yoongi? He's not in my room."

"He must be in the bathroom. Did you check?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Maybe he's already gone to school. I haven't seen him."

"But his bag is in my room."

"I don't know," she finally replies, tense. "He must have something urgent to take care of."

"I'll send him a text, then. It's okay for him to stay for the weekend, right? I don't remember if I asked you or not."

"Yeah! As long as he likes."

Taehyung leaves to get ready for school, while Mrs Kim closes the door and dashes towards the closet, from which Yoongi gets out.

"What do we do, now?" Yoongi murmurs, putting his shirt back on.

"You do nothing. You wait here for him to leave. God, what were we thinking, sleeping in the same bed when my son is right next to us."

As Seokjin is starting pacing about the room, Yoongi stops her by grabbing her arm, and pulls her into a hug. "Calm down, Jinnie." She coils up against his chest and lets the smaller student pat her back.

"Mom, I'm leaving!" they hear from the kitchen.

"Okay, bye! I love you!" Seokjin yells back. There is no answer. She looks up at Yoongi and indicates, "Now, quick. You need to get to school before he does."

"And how am I going to do that?"

"I'll drop you by car. Hurry up."

Yoongi obeys and gets ready as fast as possible, following Seokjin into the garage, and into her car. She starts the engine and shoves a small bag on his lap.

"What's that?"

"Breakfast. Eat up."

After ten minutes, they finally pull over a few blocks away from the school. She seems relieved – the school bus has not arrived yet, and neither has Taehyung.

"Thanks, Jin."

"There's no need to thank me. It's my fault if we're in this mess. I should've never let you in my bed."

"But you liked it," he protests.

"I did." She glances around the car, and pressures him, "Come on, go now."

"Don't I get kissed goodbye?"

She smiles fondly, "You're such a whimsical child." But she leans towards him, despite her seat belt hampering her chest, and kisses him softly on the lips.

Yoongi then opens the door of the car, but turns back towards Seokjin. "Will I see you tonight?"

"Yoongi, we can't–"

"I promise I'll behave. I'll do everything you say this time." He smirks, "Don't tell me you don't want me. I know that's not true." He repeats, "So, will I see you tonight?"

"Yes." Seokjin chooses to surrender. She could not resist him anyway. "Every night if that's what you want."

Yoongi winks at her, and leaves the car.