39 - Role playing game

Taehyung must have misheard. Everything gets confused. The only thing he knows is that he has to go in the park, because Jungkook is waiting for him. He does not have time to lose with Jimin and the bullshit he is saying.

Taehyung turns back and stumbles forth, but his best friend calls him back, "Don't go, please! I– I need to explain, I'm really sorry."

Jimin opens the portal and tries to hold Taehyung's arm, but his friend shrugs his hand away. "Tae, I've been willing to tell you for so much time... I really have."

The tallest boy shakes his head, wishing Jimin stopped talking, stopped hurting his ears. But he keeps on rambling, "I know I should've never done that, it wasn't fair to you, but I– I needed to." He bites his lips. "I was losing you, Tae... I know I was, and that's– That's the only way I found to get you back..."

"No– What–" Taehyung stutters. "Jungkook," he whimpers weakly.

"I made this all up. I made him all up. So I could finally catch your attention, so you talked to me again... I had no idea it would go this far."

"No, no!" Taehyung shouts, pushing his friend. "I need to find Jungkook, he must be waiting for me!"

Jimin clenches his jaw. "There's no Jungkook," he states firmly. "Are you even listening?"

"He is real. I love him," Taehyung protests in a restrained sob.

Jimin sighs and tries to explain gently, "You don't. Jungkook was purposely created to match you perfectly. And he did... Maybe too much. It's my fault, I just– I just thought we'd bond again if I was more like you, if I played video games..."

Taehyung has started crying. He was finally listening, finally understanding what Jimin was explaining. "You– Why would you do this?" he shouts violently.

Jimin starts and makes a step back. He stutters, "I– Tae, I'm sorry, I just– I wanted my best friend back..."

Taehyung pushes Jimin, who falls on the ground, and yells again, trying to find his words, "This is– You're– Couldn't you have told me this earlier? This is sick!"

"I– I tried. But I'm telling you now! I needed to, you were getting so attached, I had to–" Jimin looks down. "I couldn't hide anymore. Tae," he adds, staring back at his angry friend, "I was starting to like you a bit too much, too... I got caught up in the game."

"Shut. Up. Shut up!" Taehyung shouts, his hands pressing both of his ears. He cannot believe to this. It simply cannot be true, because he knew Jungkook, and Jungkook would never do something like this – wouldn't he? "You messed everything up!"

"I'm sorry," Jimin sobs, still on the ground.

"I– I hate you!" his best friend finally yells. Taehyung prevents himself from pouncing on the other boy and hit him, and blurts out instead, "You can just go to hell."

And he leaves. Where to, he does not know. He cannot go to Jungkook's, because Jungkook was taken from him the day Taehyung was supposed to finally see him. But he is going anywhere that is far from Jimin.