25 - Round 256

Yet, Yoongi could not enjoy Seokjin's exclusivity for much longer. Sure, he has always liked Mr Kim, who is more a father figure to him than his real one. But he won't lie; he is not that pleased when Namjoon calls that day to warn his family he will be back home for a whole week.

Taehyung almost jumps out of happiness. Seokjin shivers but tries to put on a smile and answer gladly to her husband. But when she glances at Yoongi, he can see her devastation, he can almost feel her heart break. They know their idylle is over.

As the call ends, Mrs Kim concludes, "Alright, honey, I'll cook your favorite dish for dinner. And I'll take Yoongi back to his place." She stares intently at the young boy across the table, and he nods silently. "To have a family time."

"No, I'll be glad to have him! Hey, buddy, how you doing?" Namjoon says through the phone.

"Hi, Mr Kim. I'm fine. But I don't want to intrude." Yoongi is unusually cold.

As the businessman insists, he can do nothing but accept. And he wishes he never had.

He regrets his decision on the very first day and on the very first night of Namjoon's arrival.

On the first day, because Yoongi is almost unable to control himself in Mr Kim's presence. When he passes the door and embraces his wife, Yoongi feels his heart miss a beat. When she kisses him, his heart breaks. The worst part being that he cannot say anything and that Seokjin just keeps ignoring him.

And on the first night, because Yoongi just loses it. He obviously goes to the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water, as he always does, but it is impossible for him not to hear the stifled moans and the heavy panting coming from the Kims' room. The young boy feels the urge to open the door wide and get Namjoon off Seokjin. But he forces himself not to. Instead, he just hits the wall in front of him with a big thud, and runs to Taehyung's bedroom, gathering his stuff and leaving the house in the middle of the night.

No man had the right to be this close to his Jin. At least, not under his nose.

As he expects, he receives a text from Seokjin the very next day.

Yes, he was being whimsical and possessive

Yes, he was being whimsical and possessive. But no, he was not in love.

To Taehyung, though, everything seems confused. Why did Yoongi go away without a warning? Why isn't he replying to his texts? And why does his mother look so upset and sad, when Namjoon has come home precisely to please her, when she's used to complaining about his absence all the time? Did they have a fight?

Seokjin is indeed devasted. She is divided between two men, one she must love, and another one she fears to be in love with.