11 - Log in / Sign up

"... so Hoseok just raised his hand and said the answer! He's a real life savior, I wonder if– Taehyungie?" Jimin stops as he notices his best friend is barely listening to him, staring at his phone, distractedly scrolling. The smaller student pouts and punches his classmate's shoudler, "You're not even trying."

Taehyung starts and looks up at Jimin, who is desperate for his friend's attention. "Sorry. What are we talking about?"

"Nevermind," Jimin mutters darkly. "What are you doing?" He leans slightly in order to see past Taehyung's shoulder and get a look at the screen of his phone. "Who's that?" he then asks, pointing at the picture of an unknown boy.

Taehyung's face brightens up when he answers, "It's my online friend, Jungkook, you know?" Jimin nods silently, staring at the pictures. "He added me on Instagram last night. I just can't stop going through his pictures. Look at this one! He's cute, isn't he?"

Jimin smirks and replies bluntly, "I didn't know you actually had good taste in men

Jimin smirks and replies bluntly, "I didn't know you actually had good taste in men." He adds in a more annoyed tone, "So, that's your crush?"

"He's not my crush!" Taehyung immediately says with a whine. "He's just a friend. A really good friend."

Bad answer. Jimin rolls his eyes and states under his breath, "Yeah? 'Cause you obviously needed one, uh?"

"What?"

The smaller boy takes the phone from Taehyung's hands and shows him the screen. "You like him? You find him cute? Ain't I cute? Don't you like me? Don't you, Tae?" His friend seems at a loss, and tries to get his phone back, but Jimin taps his hand away. "Am I not enough?"

"What do you mean?"

"I just feel like you only see me as stand-in, now you've got this Jungkook guy, or should I say your new best friend, if he's not more?" As his friend stands agape, Jimin goes on, feeling his heart break, "Truth is, you never want to do anything with me anymore. And you don't even realise it. Well, you know what? I'm tired."

Taehyung tries to say something, but Jimin just tosses the phone to him, and gets up. "No, don't bother, Tae. Save your saliva for Jungkook. I'm not worth it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find Hoseok, because he seems to be the only one actually acknowledging my existence and not wasting his time with someone he doesn't even know."

Jimin just leaves Taehyung on the bench they were sitting on, and is already far away when his friend finally finds the words he wanted to say, and stutters in an undertone, "Are you... jealous?"