21 || As a friend, I'll love you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Weeks later*

-Jodie's POV-

There isn't too much to add for the days that passed by as quickly as a second; the only thing you can assure is the poor life you are living and feeling more each day. After talking with Moyeon through various calls, after been scolded by Taehyung for your overworking attitude, and after missing so many meetings with your friends, it was obvious to everybody that your path has changed to a very dark one.

Your depression got worse, the mistakes you've made are huge compared to the ones you had before, still, you are making an amazing work at your job and you are making so many good deals as a general manager in the hotels' industry.

Currently, you are at your apartment with Jungkook; he came by to say "hi" and just see how you are, which really made you feel good since it's been a while since you last talked with anyone except him.

-I arrived ten minutes ago and I can honestly tell that you aren't alright at all – Jungkook claimed.

Both of you are sitting down on the couch from the living room while the window was opened, you are distracted by the sound of the wind but still focused on his words.

-No, I'm not; you are right – You sighed. -Everything involving my work is phenomenal, every day I'm gaining more deals with other promoters and amazing contracts with people who are interested in supporting the resorts I manage. But what's the point of being rich if you don't feel happy in a daily life context? – You spoke as you reloaded your chin on top of your palm.

-You aren't happy? – Jungkook asked.

-I'm not; I lost communication with my friends, I betrayed my own heart, and I gave someone else the chance to be with me when I don't truly want to – You admitted.

-What did you do? – Jungkook questioned concerned while looking at you.

-Dosung... both of us are together, don't ask me how because I don't even know myself – You said with a cracking tone of voice.

-He started to talk to you sweetly, right? – He questioned annoyedly.

-Yes – You nodded. -At the bar, one night I was stoned – You added.

-Moyeon and Taehyung; why did you put distance in between you and them? – Jungkook asked.

-Because I didn't want them to be disappointed in me, just as you are – You stuttered.

-Jodie... I'm not disappointed; I'm worried – He admitted. -Listen, I know how hard your life has been, I know how you truly are and the way you want to keep on living. Life isn't fair and it's something everyone has to deal with, and even though you've made so many mistakes, I still love you and I'll always take care of you. I'm proud to hear that your job is doing great, and I promise you that in the future your daily life will change to the best – Jungkook told while holding you in between his arms.