― 10. kidnapped

KAITLYN STARES out the car's window with a lifeless look in her eyes

                         KAITLYN STARES out the car's window with a lifeless look in her eyes. She has squished herself against the car door, trying to stay as far away from the men as she could. The one particular man who seems to have taken an interest in her kept eyeing her, like he's a predator and she's his prey. When she had awoken after being hit on the head, she tried to put up some kind of fight; "please just let me go." "don't hurt me!". But when the man named Iosef's hand collides with her face, she shut up immediately. Kaitlyn is having flashbacks for the first time in years. The nights she spent scared and in pain because of a man; and here she was taken by strange Russian men who may kill her. It's almost ironic.

   Finally the car comes to a stop. The buildings and skyscrapers of New York loom over them as night falls; but this time she finds no familiarity in it, no warmth or love like she used to. She feels tiny and intimidated as she is dragged from the SUV with Iosef's grubby hands on her.

   "Owww," she moans out as he yanks her into a building. No one pays her any attention but him,

   "Shut up. Whining isn't gonna help you now pet." his Russian accent sends chills down her spine; giving her body this reaction where she feels suddenly ill.

   The building Kaitlyn is forced into is stunningly modern and huge for an apartment. Grand windows, modern fixtures and furniture; expensive paintings and artifacts throughout. Where is she?. Painful thoughts race through her head about where she is now. The tight grasps on her tiny body are already creating bruise after bruise on her pale skin. She's now an object to these men, nothing more than a souvenir from a day's work to them.

   "Sooo what are we gonna do with her?" one of the men who took her, Viktor, says. His eyes are dark and filled with evil as he looks at her.

   Kaitlyn squeezes her eyes shut in deadly anticipation. They are clearly speaking in english so she could understand them, as if they are trying to torture her.

   "Who knows, just gotta check in with my father," Iosef says. He is close to her, close enough to run a finger through her hair and feel her try to pull away from him. In return he grasps her arm, "be still, unless you want to get more hurt."

   Everyone wants their say out of the three men that were with her. They are all throwing out comments towards her and at each other; yelling and making a scene.

   That is until two doors slam open.

                    The room goes quiet as the sound of two men walking down stairs echo throughout. Two men walk into the room with suits on, but one in particular caught Kaitlyn's eye. He is older, and from how he carries himself, she knows he's important. Everyone is standing up straight and their focus pinned on him.