― 11. war

JOHN KNOWS he's going to need a new car if he's going to get any farther; seeing as his Lexus got destroyed and the Mustang is in fact missing

                           JOHN KNOWS he's going to need a new car if he's going to get any farther; seeing as his Lexus got destroyed and the Mustang is in fact missing... Because of last night's events, he's on a bus and heading to see a certain friend who can help him out. He knows that if his car had made an appearance then so did Kaitlyn. He's sitting there feeling helpless for the first time in his life. Years of fighting and killing, taking on contracts and jobs; and here he is. He isn't leaving retirement, he's just doing what he needs to do- for her, to protect his wife like he always said he would.

   John is furious, worried, and revenge-set all at once. And if anyone's going to try to stop him then he'd make sure they weren't in his way. But, there's plenty of guilt coursing through him too. If he only he'd taken the situation at the gas station more seriously than they wouldn't be in this mess; or maybe if he'd gone with her downstairs... Plenty of what-ifs are killing him. He isn't one to dwell on the past but he's twisting with hate that wants to bust out and take over, he's losing it. The only inch of sanity he has left is that Viggo should know not to touch Kaitlyn- that is if Iosef even took her to him.

   He's staring out the bus window somberly with a stern look on his face. He's void. Anyone that looks at him will probably run; he still has blood, the wear and tare on his shirt- on him. But John doesn't care what people see, he's more focused on getting off the bus and approaching the garage.

   John has always stayed in touch with his friend Aurelio, even after his retirement; going to him for car repairs or an occasional drink. There are people who are worth staying in touch with because he knows they'll have his back, and this man is one of those people. Inside the shop, many turn to stare at the familiar assassin walking with a determined look on his face. He's on a mission.

   It isn't hard to spot Aurelio.

   "Is it here?" John strides over to his friend Aurelio who sits next to a car with some glasses. John's calm, barely, but it's clear he is here for business, and Aurelio expected that.

   Aurelio immediately pours him a drink on sight, "it was, and so was she." He sighs seeing the worry flash in John's eyes, "It was Iosef Tarasov."

   "Viggo's son." John grows tense thinking about his former employer. Finding out that, makes him realize this wasn't any sort of hit- just bad luck.

   "Yeah."

   Aurelio thinks back to the encounter; the fear in Kaitlyn's eyes. And no matter what he said they wouldn't let her go. Iosef's an idiot, the fact he had no fear and so much cockiness- he deserves what's coming his way.

   "I tried to convince them to leave her with me John, I really did. Tried to make em' a few deals." Aurelio says sadly. He can see his friend shake his head in understanding,

   "I understand." John nods taking a swig of the alcoholic drink.

   "You seem.. sorta stable, could be looking much worse for wear."