― 26. another threat

PIPPA D'ANTONIO is a lot younger than Kaitlyn had expected her to be, maybe by a decade compared to herself; and it makes her jaw drop

                 PIPPA D'ANTONIO is a lot younger than Kaitlyn had expected her to be, maybe by a decade compared to herself; and it makes her jaw drop... this tiny blonde girl has these beautiful piercing blue eyes and smooth, surely tanned from the sun, with skin that glows. Maybe it's the type of tan that comes from being in Italy rather than the cloudiness of London, she thinks remembering John talk about her. But the mafia boss's wife stands there with her hands on her hips and clearly wanting to say something. She looks perfect. Kaitlyn however, is just confused. John looks rough; gashes on his face, bullet marks on his suit, and he's out of breath which breaks her heart. And then there's Pippa. She's in an elegant black dress that flows to the floor with the finest of diamonds.

A lot must have happened this night, Kaitlyn figures. So she feels out of place in a tank and shorts as she'd been attempting to find peace to fall asleep.

What Kaitlyn wants is to run into John's arms and hold him close, as he's alive. And she thinks she's seen him worse before; but seeing someone you love covered in cuts, it's hard. He's trying to give her a comforting smile as she rubs her eyes trying to take things in.

"It's so nice to meet you Kaitlyn!" Pippa says, thrusting forward a hand after a few seconds. Kaitlyn knew Pippa is British but for some reason she hadn't been expecting the thick accent as it threw her off.

"Ah you too. So wait, what are we doing? I'm lost."

"I promised Pippa we'd make sure she arrives safely in New York." John responds to his wife, "she uh, popped out of nowhere with this." John is tired and he's hurting. He takes this as his que to go relax; he walks to Kaitlyn and kisses the top of her head, "I'll be in the shower."

"Okay." Kaitlyn smiles at him; feeling her heart being ripped out as she can't feel him anymore and he walks away. Apart of her feels frustration because she wants to comfort him and be by his side; but she has to turn back to the girl in the room.

"Yeah I'm so sorry to be interrupting like this. I'm just very uh, upset with my husband so to say," Pippa smiles explaining as she watches the exchange, "and with John's job affecting my family uh... I have some words for Santino."

Kaitlyn had been somewhat annoyed when John explained the situation, but hearing Pippa's small explanation she understands completely and her husband did just kill someone she knows. And Kaitlyn also understands Pippa could be seriously hurt if not protected and John could definitely help with that. Kaitlyn is still emotional from her realization earlier about how much she loves her John but she knows it can wait to talk with him.

"You're okay," Kaitlyn smiles, "I'm glad we can help you. And uh," she looks the blonde up and down, "would you like to borrow a change of clothes? Your dress is beautiful but..."