Chapter 7 - Off Day!

Not waking up to the usual sounds of men yelling over me has gotten me weirded out. Instead, I got woken up by my clock alarm and I stared at it like it was an alien thing. Heavy with sleep and a little slow in registering at what was happening, I watched the clock ring its alarm for five minutes when I realised what had happened.

I let out a groan as I smacked my hand onto my forehead. I had forgotten I was on a two-week benching period and I was to report to HQ at the normal office hours. Glancing at the clock again, it seemed that I was cutting it close.

Jumping out of bed, I ran to the bathroom to wash up and got dressed for the cold weather. I threw on my usual get up – a black turtleneck, thrown over a red sweater and a varsity jacket over the lot. On my legs were a pair of denims and my black Dr Martens.

Grabbing my bag filled with my uniform and other necessities, I left my apartment and took a bus down to my office where I saw Frank and Tom coming in with glum faces. The rest of the team were out on a mission and they haven't returned, so we had the whole office to ourselves.

Since I was benched, I was not required to wear my uniform but I brought it along just in case of any emergencies. It felt weird not to wear it while at work. Pulling the lanyard with my ID over my head, I left the office to grab some breakfast in the cafeteria downstairs.

As I was grabbing my food, my sister dropped me a message. Amalina had left my apartment earlier than I did, as she had to return to her dorm to get a shower and a change of clothes before the start of her classes. She might've rose me awake as she left but I forgotten about it.

Are you excited for today's date?

I stared at my mobile phone in disbelief. I wondered if it was the lack of sleep that's making me see things. Why is this girl so hell bent in allowing me to date a yakuza?

It'll be fun!

Are you honestly telling me to go on a date with a goddamn yakuza?

Yes! Let me know what happens! All the details!

Goodness Lord.

He'll be there at 6pm. Dress cute!

I don't even have anything cute. Stop making this awkward for me.

Aw, you'll have fun I promise.

I let out a groan at her jovial message and stuffed the mobile phone back into my jeans pocket as I made my way out of the office, walking down the corridor to leave the double glass doors. I was not the only one making their way out of the office either.

It was six in the evening.

My so-called date, the famed yakuza Ishikawa Kirishima was supposed to be arriving by now to pick me up for the date and I can't believe I'm even going.

Stepping out into the cold, I didn't have to wait long as I noticed an expensive car coming up from the front gate and driving towards where I was waiting. It can't be Kirishima right? The car was a blue Aston Martin, judging from the logo it sported and my eyebrows went up in surprise when he got out to greet me with a charming smile.

It was Kirishima.

He was dressed in an expensive-looking three-piece grey suit with a black tie and he had his hair up – showing off his forehead and sharp jawline. I had never realised just how he glowed against the setting sun and I was taken aback at how majestic he looked.

"Hello, you look incredible," he said as he approached me up the stairs and he broke into a smile as he appraised me. "I'm glad you're here. Let's get going, shall we?"