Chapter 28: Operation Yacht Date

Three months later –

It was three in the morning when I reached home, and I was groggy with lack of sleep as I entered the apartment. Taking off my clothes one by one as I walked into my bedroom, I went to wash my face in the bathroom and went to sleep the next minute.

Hours later, I woke up on the bed with a sleeping Kirishima next to me. He had his arm thrown over my stomach. "What...?" I asked groggily, blinking sleepily as I tried to register the man in my mind. "When did you come here?"

He didn't answer me obviously, so I fell back asleep.

I woke up alone, so I thought seeing him was part of a dream. Knowing that it was impossible for Kirishima to be here since he was away on a business trip, I started my day. Groaning and stretching on the bed, I got up and went to the kitchen to get something to drink.

Lo and behold, the boyfriend was there, wearing an apron.

He was cooking.

I was flabbergasted. "What ... what are you doing here?" I asked.

He turned around, holding onto a spatula. I still can't tear my eyes away from him. A handsome yakuza leader cooking a breakfast meal just for me. I just can't seem to get enough of him. My eyes lingered on him a little longer than necessary.

"Oh hey, you're awake," he said with a smile. "Good morning, love."

"I thought you're not gonna be back till next month," I said as I neared him, wrapping an arm around his waist so I could look at what he was cooking. "Your sausage is burning."

"Oh, shit!"

Kirishima managed to save the sausages and we ate breakfast together. The longer I stared at him, the more I couldn't understand how we even got together. We were polar opposites; our personalities don't match, and our jobs are far too different.

Our worlds don't intersect.

"Something on your mind, dear?"

"Lucky to have you with me."

"Why?"

"I wouldn't be eating breakfast if not for you. I would've been sleeping until lunch," I said. "I'm lucky to have you."

"I'm glad you're back," he said. "You've been gone for too long."

"Did you miss me?"

"I did."

"Are we going out on a date then?"

"I'll have something special planned," he said with a smile. "Wear something nice."

.

Hours later –

We walked hand-in-hand as we walked along the wooden deck, enjoying the breeze and each other's company. There were many yachts parked at the dock, some were big while some were small. Kirishima was bringing me to a yacht that he owned, wanted to show me how a yacht actually looked like and I was eager to see it with my own two eyes.

It was the fourth one on the second row, a two-storey yacht and I let out a sound of wonder as he led me onto it. It swayed a little under our weight, and he let my hand go as he went to get the yacht ready to depart. A smile appeared on my face as I noticed the bouquet of red roses sitting on the table and I picked it up to smell it.

A red ribbon was trailing down below, so I followed it down the stairs to a seating area which led to the sleeping quarters. On the table where the ribbon led me, sat a black box. Picking it up, I climbed back up to the main floor level where Kirishima was busy loosening the knot.