Chapter 12 Part 1 - Operation Youth

Hoshimi-san arrives in my office one day after lunch.

It was still downtime so Wolf was benched in HQ, and it has been five days with no operation or mission. We were all bored out of our minds and attempting to fill our days with training – picking up new skills or sharpening our current skills.

We were out training in the fields when an officer from the training office approached me. I was by the sniper hut with a spotter next to me. I was lying on the dirt with my sniper rifle and testing out the new scope function, playing around with the incendiary rounds so I could get used to the tough recoil.

I was jotting down the notes – remembering the wind kph, distance and scores I got.

"Lieutenant, you have a guest waiting for you," the officer spoke gingerly.

"Who is it, Michael?" I asked, adjusting the scope function and wrote down the details on my notebook. I doubt it was my younger sister.

"A woman by the name of Sumiyoshi Hoshimi."

My fingers stopped moving as annoyance set into my chest. "Tell her I'm not in," I stated flatly.

"Apparently, we can't do that, Lieutenant," he answered as he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Her father is one of the many partners that the military have. Chasing her away will be fatal to us all."

"Thanks, Michael," I said. "I'll be right over."

"Please don't make her wait, Lieutenant."

I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes. "I hear ya, kid," I mumbled as I got up from the ground and handed the rifle over to the spotter. "Do you mind if you could give it to Markus? He's down by the armoury."

He took the rifle without complaint. "What do I tell him if he asks?"

I handed him my notebook without another word and left the sniper's hut – heading down towards the training office building so I could get back to the HQ. While I walked, I pulled out my mobile phone from my pants' pocket to contact the yakuza in question.

He picked up on the second dial tone.

Even before he could say hello, I interrupted without a greeting. "Your ex-fiancé has found out where I work," I said flatly. "I thought you said that you had settled it."

"She's not my ex!" he exclaimed in annoyance. "Don't you go to her!"

"I can't do that, genius. Apparently her father is one of the biggest partners here," I pointed out. "If I fuck this up, I'm screwed."

He made an annoyed sound at the back of his throat. "Thread carefully with her," he advised. "I'll come there as fast as I can!"

I sighed and hung up the call, pocketing the phone again. I had a bad feeling about her arrival. I don't understand her decision in visiting me at work. How did she know who I am? I detest rich people and their ability to get top secret information. By the time he reaches here, I'd be dead then.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I entered via the side door and walked down the hallway to the front desk where the woman in question was seen seated on the visitor's sofa looking like a celebrity.

Her hair has been swept over one shoulder, a pair of expensive-looking shades were on her eyes and her lips though pursed in annoyance was covered with bright red lipstick. Her make-up was flawless as ever, it looked like she didn't wear any.

Sumiyoshi Hoshimi was wearing a nude faux coat with a tight-skin black dress and a pair of heeled boots that matched her dress. My eyebrows went up in surprise at her choice in clothes – wasn't she cold in this frigid weather?