Chapter 12 Part 2: Operation Save Me!

I received a call at ten in the morning while I was having breakfast in my apartment. I was seated cross-legged on the sofa while watching a Korean drama on the television. Glancing at my phone, it was a private number so I ignored it because I didn't want to talk to strangers. It rang again, so thinking it might be important, I picked it up.

"This is Sumiyoshi Hoshimi speaking."

I froze. "How did you get my number?" I asked.

"Oh, I have my ways," she said smugly.

I shut my eyes and massaged my nose bridge. It's like I'm dealing with another Kirishima but this time it was a younger woman. "What do you want, Hoshimi-san?" I asked quietly.

"The double date has been set tonight," she said. "We are going shopping for your outfit, get ready and meet me downstairs in ten minutes."

She hung up before I could speak and I was speechless at how brusque the younger girl was. Hoshimi-san was so used to having things her way that she's giving orders expecting me to follow it without complaint. Sighing, I tried to muster all the patience that I had within me and got up to get ready.

I pulled on a turtleneck shirt first before pulling on an oversized blue sweater that I had bought at a vintage flea market years ago while I was on an overseas mission and a pair of black jeans. Throwing my essential items in a small crossbody bag, I left my bedroom to head to the front door so I could wear my boots.

Sitting on the wooden floor, I pulled on Dr Marten's Jadon boots and tied the laces loosely so I had room to move in. Standing up, I took a look around to ensure that everything was switched off before I left the apartment.

By the time I reached the ground floor, a luxury car was seen rolling up to park at the street and the blacked out window rolled down to reveal a certain Hoshimi-san. She eyed my attire, didn't comment and opened the door so I could slide in next to her.

The ride was filled with silence except for a soft piano melody and so I took the time to gaze out the window – watching as the trees rolled by. We left the neighbourhood and entered the road that led us to the expressway, before taking a slip road to the city.

The car led us down the city area – passing by numerous shopping malls before it stopped outside a well-known branded shop which I never entered before in my life. I stepped out of the car, and with Hoshimi-san next to me, we entered the posh store together.

Obviously, the staff recognised who Hoshimi-san was and we were directed to one section of the shop where all four walls were covered with racks of dresses. This part of the shop was empty and I figured it was only meant for VVIPs. In the middle of the room sat a cream sofa.

"Choose a dress, Amelia," she said as she wandered towards the dresses. "Try to pick a nice one."

After much grumbling and fuss, our shopping was done and three hours has passed by as quickly. Hoshimi-san was very critical and harsh when it comes to ensuring that the entire ensemble matched and I was beginning to wonder if she was this dedicated to everything in her life.

We returned to the flashy car and she brought me to her mansion because she didn't trust me enough when I told her that I knew how to doll myself up for the night, damn it.

It was already three-thirty in the afternoon.

The double metal gates opened at the press of a button, and the car drove up the driveway to the roundabout where four pantheon-style columns held up the balcony. My mouth dropped open in shock at how lavish the home was and I had to be dragged inside because I was busy exclaiming at everything.