Chapter 23 - Operation Takeover

A/N: Hello! Apologies for the lateness, it took me awhile to write this. It has a sex scene which is partly influenced by Jay Kristoff's Nevernight, I recommend you to read it.

.

"Beauty you're born with, but brains you earn."
- Nevernight, by Jay Kristoff

.

I woke up with a pounding ache at the back of my head – lying on a recovery position. Groaning, I looked around to see that I was inside a luxurious hotel room and I sat up quickly – causing a wave of nausea.

W-why am I here?

Who kidnapped me?

"Calm down, Amelia," came the familiar deep voice, Kirishima edging closer from the armchair he sat on. "You're safe. You're with me."

"What's going on?" I asked in confusion. "My head hurts."

His hand went to the back of my head, testing the size of the bump and lets out a sigh when I winced. He say next to me – worry and concern creasing his otherwise blank face. "My grandfather had taken things too far," he explained. "He wanted us to spend time together."

This seemed to confuse me even further. "What?" I asked. "Aren't we spending time together?"

"My grandfather has taken a liking to you," he said rather awkwardly. "He wants us to – you know – have ... sex here."

My eyes widened and my face turned red with embarrassment. "D-do your grandfather think it's the – the ... 80s or something?" I asked in perplex.

My retort was lame.

"Well, he's a very assertive person and I got that trait from him," he replied apologetically. "I'm going to have a talk about it with him tomorrow first thing in the morning. Why don't we spend the night here and have dinner? I'll call for room service."

I was silent as I stared at the handsome man. He was dressed in his usual three piece suit – tie loosened and his usually kept hair was a mess, this time it was purplish pink colour with an undercut.

His musk was distracting me, and his close contact was making me nervous.

"Why don't you take a shower while I order room service?" he suggested. "It's a waste if we leave early, the room is expensive."

"But you're rich."

He just smiled.

I paused. "Well I could use a shower."

After I got out of the shower feeling a lot better, I went to look around the hotel room. It was a large suite with 71 square metres – equipped with a separate living room. It was too big for two people and a waste of money, I thought.

I pulled open the curtain – seeing the nightlife and the cityscape behind. It was a welcoming view, ahead I could see the Helix – a one-of-a-kind pedestrian bridge linking the hotel to the city centre. Recognising the bridge made me realise where I was.

"They've gotten the most expensive hotel in town," I murmured and sighed. "I don't understand rich people."

Hearing the doorbell ring, I went to open it and allowed the staff to enter so they could set the food and drinks on the dining table. As I watched them work, Kirishima appeared from the bedroom dressed in the hotel's bathrobe with his hair down.

I did a double take. I felt my eyes wander – seeing the bathrobe sitting comfortably on shoulders as broad as the chair he sat on, raking down his long neck to his exposed collarbones and I had to take a shuddering breath – to remind myself – as I wanted to see how his chest looked like underneath the robes.