Chapter 30 - Operation: The Final Problem

Raikou Akihito upon searching his name on the local website, you can find a whole list of news article, forums and websites about him. They were mostly from overseas. It was disarming to think that there are people out there who knew him, even as a criminal mastermind.

There were websites from his fans dedicated to him and his evil-doing. They rejoice in his evil act and some even wrote fan fiction about him, curtailing of his escapades which undoubtedly fuels his ego.

Despite him massacring entire families for his gain and selling children's organs, it was absurd that there were people who stood by him and cheered for his escape. It was disturbing to think such things.

I was appalled by that fact itself.

.

"Kirishima, this is where we die," crowed Akihito in triumph. "You and I, on this very roof, completing the Final Problem. I'm sad to think that we'd end up like this."

I tried not to scoff.

"I'm merely playing your sick game, Akihito," Kirishima pointed out. "I'm not sad at all. I doubt I should be."

I could hear them talking through the receiver on my ear. It was a strange conversation between two dangerous Yakuza men. I was far away, positioned on the roof with a sniper rifle next to me – doing what I do best.

Taking out potential targets.

"Have you said goodbye to your wee lass?" he asked. "She's a cute one. Sticking by you even though you're a fucked-up idiot. I don't understand what goes through your simple minds at all. She's your weakness. She's going to die because of you."

"I'm here, aren't I?" Kirishima replied, he sounds disgruntled. "Your wish is done. Your little game ends here. We're going to jump to our deaths, like a lover's suicide pact. Don't you understand how ironic it is?"

"If you don't jump, you'll know what'll happen," he said. A laugh. An obnoxious one.

Far away, I got up from my roost and proceeded to the next one. The rifle bumping against my back. Glancing at my watch as I jumped over roofs, I kept pace with the second hand – knowing that time was of the essence.

"You've been playing God since you're fifteen. You should quit it before it comes to get you."

Akihito chuckles. "You don't know anything," he said with glee. "You're just a little chess piece in my grand game. And you're just a pawn."

Farther away, Wolf kicked down a faded red door and swarmed into a dilapidated building, some went upstairs while the rest went down to the basement to arrest the occupants. It was chaotic, people were screaming in fear, but none got hurt.

"What don't I know, Akihito?" Kirishima asked. "I know what you want. That's why you've revealed yourself after all these years. You're just eager to see me grovel at your feet. You just want me to cower and beg."

At a different location, Leopard swarmed into a rundown two storey housing estate, arresting anyone living inside. There were plenty of screaming but no one got injured.

"I know you won't do that, you're too proud to bow down to me," he said with a nonchalant shrug. "But it's okay, I got you right where I want you to be. A chess piece that I wanted. At the very least, this is how I imagined our last seconds to be."

It was the same for the other teams of the Armed Police Force. Thanks to the tip and pressure coming from the powerful civil servant, the Army organised a nationwide stint within a day in an attempt to end the illegal activities once and for all.