Chapter 29 - Introducing Raikou Akihito

A/N:
Greetings to all! This plot is inspired by Netflix's Sherlock The Reichenbach Fall and the evil character is based on James Moriarty. I tried to make him sound as evil as I could but I don't think it worked. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy!

.

I returned home late one evening, to find my door unlocked. I was unarmed as I was off duty. If it was Kirishima, he wouldn't leave the door ajar. The thief who broke in wanted to let me know that he was inside my apartment. I sent a message to Kirishima, pocketed the phone and entered.

I had an inkling to whom it was.

A man in his early thirties was sitting in my living room with his back facing me. He had already prepared tea and was leisurely drinking from it. I don't have tea. I only had coffee.

He made himself at home.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am appalled Kirishima has yet to inform you of me," he said with a flair of drama. A clipped British accent, he must've lived abroad for most of his years. He set his cup on the table as he invited me to sit. "I have been waiting for you, Amelia Irfan."

He must be the enemy Kirishima had mentioned. I sat down opposite him. Black eyes, hair slicked backwards exposing his forehead. He dressed smartly, a cream suit with a black tie. He looked like any normal businessman and he was a formidable enemy.

His people gunned down many innocent people.

"Allow me to introduce myself," he said with a smile. "My name is Raikou Akihito. Pleased to meet you, Ishikawa Kirishima's girlfriend. Well, are you two the most enigmatic couple I have encountered? Tell me, how did you two meet?"

Another obnoxious yakuza leader. This time more dangerous.

"Why are you here, Akihito?" I asked curiously. "Are you going to kill me?"

He smiled. "You must understand," he started. "I must finish what we've started, Ishikawa and I. He is my final problem I need to solve. You will, however, play a part in this little game of mine. I think you're going to enjoy it. I know how much you like being in action."

What he said made no sense to me.

"He owes me," he continued, the smile dropped. He looked serious, his eyes were stabbing into me, like a pair of coal. "He owes me something."

Here I was seated opposite a formidable enemy, yet I didn't understand a word. What did he mean by that? Is it an old debt need to be repaid? Is he returning the favour Kirishima has given him? Three bullets to his chest? Worry tripled upon thinking that.

Akihito is insane.

"By the way, this won't make sense to you, but you will," he said, and he got up from the sofa. "Oh, before I forget, I have a present prepared for you. You know, for inviting me to your apartment and meeting you formally. Pleased to meet you again, Amelia Irfan. Have a nice evening."

He showed himself out of the apartment and I sat there unmoving. Meeting Akihito was unnerving and peculiar. I didn't understand half of what he was saying. What present did he have for me? Was it a time-ticking bomb somewhere?

I grew worried about that.

I got up to investigate.

After a few minutes, I heard the beeping from my door – a sign that someone was entering my passcode and Kirishima came in alone with a serious look on his face. Seeing that I was alone, his seriousness melted away and he looked relieved as he went up to me, throwing his arms over me.