Chapter 27: Operation Salji Tebal

One day, Blake's parents came to visit their son in the military hospital. He was warded in the VIP ward, thanks to his family connections. It was a day after he was transferred from the overseas military hospital they had air-lifted him to. We weren't there as we were still en-route, but Marcus was.

He sounded shaky when he contacted us.

Marcus told us that his father, General Lin who was the Director of the Public Bureau was not pleased that his son was injured during a mission. He had interrogated Marcus as to what had happened, and he recounted – as best he could under the circumstances. He was let off easy after the wife yelled at him, telling him to focus on the matter at hand, which was their injured son instead of focusing on what had happened.

Thanks to her intervention, we were all told to meet him as soon as we landed.

It was not good at all.

.

It was eight in the evening, a cool night as temperatures dropped to the single digits after the sun said goodbye. It was a quiet night and each Wolf member was busy with his or her own thing. Some was spending time with family members, while others were busy resting at home watching their favorite drama series. They were not on duty tonight as they had a big mission to report to early the next day.

For myself, I was out for a date night with Kirishima.

It was the only night where we were free from work exigencies, and even though it was a short dinner date, we both knew it was more than enough as we were busy individuals.

The last time I saw him was fourteen days ago and he had changed his hairstyle again. It was dyed back to his natural hair colour – black and it was styled in a way that it made him look softer, more humane than he usually looked. I quite liked this hairstyle – artistic, yet fluffy and soft.

Kirishima was dressed in all black in many warm layers and he took off the cashmere coat once he was inside the restaurant. I cannot describe just how handsome and pale he looked in the turtleneck sweater.

"Are you eating well, Amelia?" was the first question he asked as soon as he sat down. He looked rather concerned as he looked at me.

"Yeah," I replied in confusion. "Why?"

"You look gaunt."

"Do I?" I asked as I touched my cheeks self-consciously. "I'm eating the MREs."

He tilted his head.

"Meals Ready to Eat," I explained. "Ration food."

"What do they taste like?"

I took a deep breath to collect my thoughts on them. "They taste like normal food and they're super healthy, tailored to give us maximum nutrients in long stretch of time," I explained. "MREs are basically for energy, and not for taste."

He nodded in understanding.

"I don't really have the time to worry about food when I'm perched on a high lookout point trying to be discreet," I explained as I poured over the menu. "But I need to force myself to eat or I don't at all."

"Are you going for a long overseas mission tomorrow morning?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"When do you think you'd be free?" he asked. "I want to plan something special."

"You're not going to plan a surprise fuck, are you?" I asked as I eyed him over the menu. "I need to prepare myself mentally."

He gave me a pointed look. "I need to make you officially mine," he said. His eyes smoldering slightly. "I'm aware that I have yet to."