Chapter 24 - Operation Kidnapped Businessman

A/N: Hello! This chapter is inspired by The Expandables 2. I hope you enjoy this!
_________________________________

As I entered the office after a round of sniper training, I came to hear the boys yelling. Their voices were so loud, I could hear them from outside and I was sure they were shouting at Gunner. With no Frank insight, they were unleashed wild beasts.

Gunner was standing on one side of the room while the rest of the boys were facing him. Wesley and Benjamin were down on the ground nursing their faces, Marcus and Quinn were checking on the two rookies while Lucas and Tom were shouting at Gunner – certain phrases caught my ear.

"... violent son-of-a bitch ..."

"If you want to teach them a lesson, this is not the way to do it!"

The trio were up at each other's faces, yelling profanities and sizing the other up – trying to drown the other's testosterone level perhaps. They were all riled up and any second, it might turn ugly. Witnessing this argument turn into a brawl was not in my to-do list but I did not want to enter at the wrong time and get punched in return.

Amidst the fiasco, I took out my mobile phone to record. We would need evidence in case it turns into an all-out brawl.

Gunner – being the taller and bigger version than the two – decided that it was time display his dominance by shoving Tom aside and grabbing Lucas by his lapels. Seeing that, the rest of the boys rose to defend him and to get him to release Lucas.

Sighing, I shouted at them to split before I came forward to hit his main part – the one part that will hurt and shatter his ego. As he fell to his knees and release Lucas, I stood towering before him.

"We are stuck with you here because there's nobody else who wants you in their team," I said severely. "If you want this job, either you shut the fuck up and listen to orders from your superiors like the soldier you are trained to be or join the motherfucking mercenaries. Hold on, why don't you do that instead and save everyone the agony, you truck-face idiot."

There was a stunned silence after I stopped talking.

"Be ready for a tribunal from HR, you two-celled bastard."

Gunner could not answer as he nursed his wounded ego.

Half an hour later, Frank came back from a meeting looking pissed, as I had sent the video to him in the group chat. He gathered everyone and gave us a round of scolding for fighting amongst teammates and once he was done, he told Gunner to be ready to be questioned by HR because his action simply cannot be overlooked.

.

Stepping out into the fog and the humidity made me crinkle my nose in annoyance. I could feel the moisture in the air weighing heavily on my skin – making it crawl with discomfort. My boots squelched underneath the soggy earth and I gave a signal over my shoulder before I set off on a run up the foggy mountain.

The armoured vehicle – in groups of three – sped off into the distance. The roar of their engines disappeared soon enough the further I went and the sounds of the forest were all I could hear.

Today's mission involved three groups as we needed the extra manpower and firepower to storm through the enemy's base. Each team has their own part to take care of but ultimately, the mission was to save a kidnapped businessman who had contributed greatly to the country.

Two snipers were supposed to be in this mission but the others were on leave, have court orders or in the hospital. So, I was alone for this mission.