Chapter 4

Season: 6

Episode: Caged Heart

***

Meg is a bitch. Don't get me wrong, she's hot and if she was an angel rather than a demon, I'd probably have a fling with her but I'm angel exclusive so... not happening.

Currently I'm laying across the whole lounge, playing with my hair which I've pulled into a braid. I love having it out, I prefer it actually, but hunting as a human means it's more likely to get pulled at so I need to keep it back at all times.

"Your hair is a fucking whip." Dean says, looking over at me. I just look up at him and then shrug. I'm so glad that we've agreed to keep the family bonding until after this demon hunt, if only so we don't get kidnapped again.

"Was I really out for a week?" I ask, sitting up and turning to look at him properly.

"Yeah, Uh... did you not sleep much or was that uh..." Was dean trying to apologise.

"Before last week, I hadn't slept since the anniversary of Sam... you know. Not even after sex."

"Woah, I didn't need to-" Dean is interrupted by the front door opening, Sam stepping in and then Castiel. Shit. Mega shit. I reach for my angel blades and stand prepped to fight. Both the boys seem to tense up, not sure what to do.

"Mi- I mean, Amelia... it's fine."

"He wants me dead, Sam." I say, waving one of the blades in the Angel's direction.

"You... you're the leader of the other group." Cas says and my eyes narrow, telling him everything he needs to know. "Why?" His head tilts. He almost looks betrayed.

"Because!" I yell, throwing one of the blades at his head, he avoids it with ease. "I'm sick of heaven's shit!"

"Hey!" Dean snaps and I turn to him. "Fight later, I promise because I have some choice words for you too, Mia. But we have a demon to find."

"Fine." I grumble and place the second blade down, hands up in truce.

"Alright. Good. We good?" Dean asks and I nod slightly. "Awesome. Now, Cas. Any ideas?"

-

"I still don't understand how this is the best plan B you had. You could have uncuffed me. I would have had a chance." I say, sitting on my grandfathers desk and not helping their search at all. Crowley wasn't stupid, there wouldn't be anything in here to give away the location. So instead, I just play with a pen, repeatedly disassembling and reassembling it.

"And have you disappear for a year and a half again? No, not happening."

"You're keeping your own sister prisoner." I say, turning to look at the nearest person to me. It was Cas. We stare at each other, but he's not staring at me, he's staring at my suppressed power. I can tell by the gaze. He's given me it before when I was recovering from the incident with famine. I look away as he opens his mouth to speak. He knows now, I know he knows. But the boys can't.

"Can I help you?" A new voice says, I look up for a moment, seeing it's my grandfather and then look back down at the pen. "Could have let you know he was coming if I wasn't on time out."

"Who is she?" He asks, causing me to look back up.

"I'm offended." I say, placing my hands over my chest. "You don't recognise your own granddaughter?"

"Mia?" I take a deep breath at the name, but let him continue. "Sam and I looked for you, for ages. He went through all your aliases and everything. We thought you were dead."

I look to my twin and raise an eyebrow. "You're soulless and yet you looked for me?"

He just shrugs.

"Okay." I wave my hands as if to shake off the conversation. I was still cross legged on the desk and I could tell grandad Sam didn't like it by the way he was looking at me. So I kept doing it. "Enough of the emotions. The boys- I mean we... want to know where Crowley is."

"Even if I knew, why would I tell you?" Two points to take from that line; he knows, anyone who says 'even if I knew' actually knows something. No two ways about it. Second thing is that he's got a good point. He don't know me. We just met and it wasn't the best impression either. I wouldn't tell me.

"Cause you're our grandfather." Dean says and I look at him weirdly.

"Samuel, I'm gonna get my soul back."

"Who says you can get it back?"

"Me."

"Look, I'd like to help but I can't. I'm sorry."

"You're a big fat liar." I say without thinking. It's a habit these days.

"Excuse me?"

"Deaf too apparently."

"I can't." He says again.

"What's wrong with you? Do you want to work for Crowley?" Dean asks, looking to Cas. "Cas, can you give us a minute?" He asks and the loyal little pet complies in a second, no questions asked. "We're your blood. But if you don't wanna help us I can't make you. But I just gotta know why. What is Crowley holding over you? You owe us that."

Old Sam sighs and takes out a photo, handing it to Dean. I lean over to look.

"Holy crap, I looked exactly like mom."

"He's gonna give her back to me."

"So... a deal? To bring her back from the dead?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Tell me you don't want her back." He says to which I shrug. "I would have loved to see her in person, but I didn't even try to make a deal to bring Sam back. Was gonna, but then shit happened." I shrug again.

"Look, I know how you feel." Dean starts.

"No you don't. She's my daughter and she's dead."

"Well if it's about dead children, that's something I can relate to." I speak up and I immediately feel the sense of remembering both Sam and Dean have. I don't elaborate but I know Samuel wants me to. All the more reason not to, in my opinion.

"Do you really think Crowley is gonna make good here?" Dean asks after an awkward silence

"He brought Sam back! And me!" Wait... what? But a demon can't bring someone back without a deal... Should I say something?

"Trust me, don't go down that road." It was just Dean and Samuel at this point.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, stop trying. It's gonna go nowhere good. Samuel, I know we've had our differences, but I'm your grandson and I'm telling you that this is wrong for so many reasons."

"You hypocrite!"

"I'm asking you to learn from our mistakes! Doing this, this is how the bad guy gets us every time. It's our Achilles' heel. Apparently it runs in the family. We will figure something else out. Okay?"

"I'm sorry Dean, but I-"

"Fine. Bring her back. But what are you gonna tell her? You gonna tell her you made a deal with a demon? That you wouldn't help out her kids?"

"That's enough! Just get out."

"That went well." I say as I slip off the desk, placing the pen I've been fiddling with in Samuel's shirt pocket.

"I don't like you very much." I say, parting the pocket as I slip out of the room.